Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Wont Start

mgracer

the engine wont start (dead at key) but the ignition lights are turning on, the drivers door hinges are worn and we have to slam the door to close, after a few slams i thing the ecu has had enough and either died or partially disconnected, the immobilizer light never comes on so my thoughts are the constant slamming of the door has dislodged the leads connecting the ecu, but i cant find it anywhere

Can you hear any clicking from under the bonnet when you try to start?

no, nothing from under the bonnet, i have tried bumping it and nothing, i can hear the fuel pump but the immobilizer light does not come on at all, i have got a ka that i am breaking for spares so i took they key and sensor from the ka and installed them onto the fiesta and still nothing but when i done the same to the ka the immobilizer light was flashing like mad, so im pretty sure the immobilizer is nakered. all i need is to find where it is and check the leads

also does any one know if i can use an ecu from a ka to use with the same engine in a fiesta?

Hold your horses, that is exactly what happened to mine just after i brought it, now yours is a mk5 so im not sure if the immobilizer and other modules are built into the dash cluster, all i had to do was unplug the instrument cluster let it self test and touching wood with every limb it hasn't done it since, if the immobilizer isnt included int he instrument cluster on that model then i would reccomend looking down near the pedals on the right hand side for the immobilizer unit, at least that's where it was in older focus's from the same year. Good Luck, oh and just check the fuse box a snot miss something obvious you will need to check the fuses for the locks, engine management and/or GEM, not sure on the numbers, sorry.

the light next to the clock does absolutly nothing, its completely dead, all the fuses both in the car and engine bay have been checked and are all fine. its as if the immobilizer has just died. id thought id check the leads on the ecu as from what i have found its both ecu and immobiliser in one unit. but if they are bolted down then is there any point?, i have located the ecu in the right hand side of the door above the kick plate, also theres this wierd looking red button thing there, ive tried turning the car over with the button pushed down and pulled up, can anyone explain what it is? it doesnt seem to do anything . the ecu is firmly jammed right up the dash and the only way i can see of getting to it is removing the dash, hence why its easier to scrap it, i aint wasting my time , btw its a mk4

The red button may be something to do with the emergency fuel cut off? have you tried disconnecting the battery for a little while?

yep, overnight infact

Sounds a little more painful then, if you need the car or would like it repaired, i would say try a good mobile auto electrician, otherwise scrap it and go for another motor, sorry i couldn't help more with this it sounded alot like mine to begin with.

weve got someone coming down tomo to diagnose it, gonna cost 30 squid, worth it just to see then ill decide to scrap it depending on what the problem is, ill let you know and thanks anyway

i had a\someone come round with testing equipment, turns out the ecu is dead, he said he is getting no coms from the ecu and the fuel pump is constantly running, after checking he found the ecu was soaking from water leaking into the car and pooling on the ecu's plug, which inevitably killed it :-(

• 2 weeks later...

i had a\someone come round with testing equipment, turns out the ecu is dead, he said he is getting no coms from the ecu and the fuel pump is constantly running, after checking he found the ecu was soaking from water leaking into the car and pooling on the ecu's plug, which inevitably killed it :-(

Have you fixed it or brought another machine?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club