Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

ippy

Air Breather Pipe Valve Thingy!!!

3 posts in this topic

on my focus as you look at the engine there is a little pipe on the right i dont know where it comes from but i think its some kind of breather pipe, half way up it joins into what looks like a anti return valve and another smaller pipe comes off the top of this into a rubber elbow and goes off somwhere else, mine has snapped off and im not sure wot it is called so i can get one off internet or is it a ford jobby,

only noticed tonight will try and get a piccy though,

take a picture and show it to ford then youl get the right one :)

went to ford garage and asked wot it was i was told its a vacum pipe and its something to do with the brakes so i had to order another one (i'm not messsing about with brakes) when i changed my airfilter i noticed the big black pipe from the air flow meter to the turbo was split so i have changed that, i also found my egr valve is really gunked up but ive read on here that its a real pain to get them off (not like my mondeo) so im gonna blank it off are the 2 bolts underneath torque bolts, or just normal 10/12mm bolts? :wacko: