Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2004 Sport Ka Central Locking Fault

sterobbo

Hello,

My girlfriend has a 2004 Sport Ka. Today it has developed a fault with the central locking. When she goes to lock the car via the key remote it makes a whirring noise as if it trying to lock but it doesnt lock. This noise happens on the drivers side. There is no whirring noise on the passenger side and this side does not lock either. When you get in the car and try to lock the car from the inside, it just makes the same noise and it doesnt lock (the handle pushes in while it is trying to lock but after whirring for a bit just returns to normal). if you try and lock the doors using the key, when you turn the key again it just makes the whirring noise and doesnt lock.

Is there anyway I can just disconnect the central locking and lock and unlock the car by just using the door lock and key?

Is this an easy fix or will it be expensive. I want to try and fix it myself if its not to hard so any help very welcome.

Sounds like it's a central locking module that may have failed, not sure which one though from your description.

However there is a fuse that controls the central locking, (I think it also controls the heated rear window, but don't quote me on that), if you remove that you should be able to at least lock the car for the time being until you get chance to look at it