#1 RedEarth

RedEarth

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Name: adam
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S
  • Year: 2012

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

I've recently bought the Mountune Induction Kit for my Zetec S and fitted it myself, The Mountune website says the parts won't affect the warranty, I just wanted to make sure fitting it myself won't affect the warranty. If anyone has any experience of this your help would be appreciated.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,053 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

It could well affect your warranty, or at least certain parts of it. You are modifying the method by which the vehicle operates outstide of factory standard. as a result. you could be seen to be increasing the rate of wear and tear, and the extra 'pressures' applied to the vehicle could mean that you lose some warranty cover... Its something that you would be best off emailing customer services and "inquiring" about...

#3 andygayle83

andygayle83

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Name: Andy
  • Ford Model: Focuz Zetec S 18" alloys privacy glass
  • Year: 2013

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

i had the mountune kit on my ST500 and it doesnt affect the warranty as they are ford approved. however i would imagine fitting it yourself would invalidate it as there is no control over whats been done. you could have used unorthodox methods, fitted it incorrectky etc

http://www.mountune....rmance-upgrades

#4 andygayle83

andygayle83

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Name: Andy
  • Ford Model: Focuz Zetec S 18" alloys privacy glass
  • Year: 2013

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

in fact some ford dealers are mountune approved so you can actually get the upgrades done at a ford garage

#5 RedEarth

RedEarth

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Name: adam
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S
  • Year: 2012

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

in fact some ford dealers are mountune approved so you can actually get the upgrades done at a ford garage

Thanks for the help, I think i'll just swap the parts over when the service is due, It's a 160 mile round trip to the nearest mountune approved ford dealer to bassically fit a new hose and change the air filter which takes about 5 minutes!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users