Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Day Ownership And Engine Misfire

stevebr

Evening all,

Bought a 55 plate 1.6 100BHP Focus estate yesterday. 39000 miles. Drove like adream on the test drive and on thge 30 mile trip home yesterday. Wife told me when I got home that it felt like it was missing whilkst driving. I took it out and indeed it is and the engine management light is on. Luckily enough I bought it via my brother in law who is a slesman for ford and he will have them plug it in on saturday.

I'm suspecting a coil pack-but any other guidance would be graetly appreciated.

To say I'm peeved is an understatement.

Regards

Steve

Thanks,

Will have look tomorrow.

If not will have a new coil pack-car is a cracker with only 39000 miles.

Regards

Steve

The genuine coil pack isn't that bad priced from the dealer but I would change the leads and plugs at the same time

Thanks-hopefully I should get it cost price as my brother in law works at a main Ford dealer.

Cheers

Steve

Checked this evening-plug compartment has water in it presumably from valetting as the engine bay looks like its had the steam cleaner on it. Plug leads were wet. Got as much water out using my airline and a rag. Left leads off tonight to let water dry out and will give it a go tomorrow.

Cheers

Steve

Checked this evening-plug compartment has water in it presumably from valetting as the engine bay looks like its had the steam cleaner on it. Plug leads were wet. Got as much water out using my airline and a rag. Left leads off tonight to let water dry out and will give it a go tomorrow.

Cheers

Steve

its more than likely from the washer jets letting in rain water - very common problem

Thanks-did read about this as well.

Will masticking from below solve this?

Regards

Steve

Thanks-did read about this as well.

Will masticking from below solve this?

Regards

Steve

not really, have tried many things in the past myself as have others on this forum to no avail.

ford brought out jets with revised seals - again didnt work.

so far silicone grease is the answer. a layer on either side of the rubber seal on the bonnet does the trick.

I found if you get the new jets and remove the seal then smear some marine silicone on it and refit it to the washer jet this seals the area where both parts meet when its dry apply silicone to the underside of the seal and fit it into place on the car clean up ant residue and youre done ide still get the garage to do it as it can cause the coil and leads to go so they should replace the leads and check the car if the misfires still present then the coil pack to

Just an update.

Took it to Ford dealer where brother-in-law works and they said the water in the plug wells was antifreeze which was coming from one of two small core plugs. The mechanic said it was a fairly common problem. They'll fix it and replace the coil pack at the same time.

Cheers again

Steve

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club