#1 m1ckyb33

m1ckyb33

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Name: michael
  • Ford Model: fiesta
  • Year: 2004

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

i just got a ford fiesta 1.4 for my first car and i love it. i have always wanted a K&N filter and i have seen some videos on youtube and seen that the filter was at the back of the engine and was wondering if it was a bad place to put it because wont it not suck up all the hot air in the engine bay ?????

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,635 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

Yes, a cone filter (K&N) can draw warm/ hot air into the engine air intake - replacement panel filters are popular now (that retain the stock filter box) because of that and because the filter is classed as a consumable rather than a "modification" (allegedly)

The air intake on a modern car is often carefully designed to boost low - down power and not restrict top end power significantly, while still working in the artic or the desert, with long service intervals

You can also get encapsulated cone filrers that insulate the intake air from BMC and pipercross (venom)

#3 m1ckyb33

m1ckyb33

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Name: michael
  • Ford Model: fiesta

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:16 AM

I have been told to get a cone one because along with a new back box will make it sound even better the engine noise that is :)

#4 Nathan_M

Nathan_M

Too much time on the boards

• Members via Twitter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Flame Mk6

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

I have a 1.4 aswell, and considered a filter, but when you weigh it up its a pretty pointless exercise if you want it to run nicely i would get a new panel filter, some new spark plugs, maybe ht leads and that wont cost over 50 quid check the service history for general services and see when all of the consumables were changed last. Plus being your first car i expect you to be younger like me and my insurance wont even allow me to change the wheels without acknowlegement, i would certainly have a dig throug your documents to see whats possible.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users