Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Seem Rough When Accelerating?

Nathan_M

Hi,

I have noticed over the past few days that my little flame has become a tad rough when i get past 2nd gear it seems a little louder and harsher than it was, it seems to go just as well and i haven't had any lights yet, it just seems to vibrate a little more than it did before through the pedals a little more than before, its idling nice and quiet and smooth, the chances are its in my head, the only thing i can think is coil pack, my mechanic checked the plugs only a month ago, it does seem to be on the belt side of the engine, i have checked the fan belt its on everywhere it should be although slipping a tad when first started but i think that's the cold it stops when its warm, any idea's or is it a keep going till it makes its self known, as i said it may just be me waiting for the next problem and imagining things.

Thanks.

I think it might of been my imagination, it went alright today, I hadn't moved it much over the last week maybe some water got down into the plugs past the leaky bonnet washer jobby, she seems alright.

If its your coil pack you'll tend to find when the engines cold particularly in the lower gears the engine will misfire and seem to struggle normally just for the first few miles then when the engines heated up abit it tends to run fine

If its your coil pack you'll tend to find when the engines cold particularly in the lower gears the engine will misfire and seem to struggle normally just for the first few miles then when the engines heated up abit it tends to run fine

It was alright again today on the way home from work, only did it just a tiny bit once, i think it might be a spark plug on its way out, probably because of the leaky windscreen washer on the bonnet, she will be alright until service time, thanks for the help.

Get your ht leads and spark plugs changed at serviced

Get your ht leads and spark plugs changed at serviced

Sounds like a plan, if it does it a lot or gets worse i will just do them myself, thanks for the help again.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club