Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What You Think

Drich290195

Iv agreed to swap my 56 plate focus 1.8 tdci sport with 72k on the clock with a friends fiesta st 06 plate with 55k plate on it what you think

Im not a fan of the fiesta too small and tinny for me personally i would have stuck with the foci most fiesta st have lead a hard life by 55k honest opinion ide keep the focus

Have not got rid yet I know you guys like foci but it can't be that bad I actually quite like the drive and looks

My O/H has an 08 Fiesta ST and it's a great car for nipping about - far more nimble than the wallowy Focus.

No "clatter clatter clatter" from under the bonnet either ;)

Haven driven one ill say this on bumpy roads the extra hard suspension is annoying and on the motorway its noisy and the interior is dated you only get two airbags in it used prices youre cars worth a few hundred more than the st the diff is a notorious weak point if you intend to drive it as it should be driven and ide have a new timing belt kit fitted straight away

1) Never heard of a diff going - the gearbox selector was revised for a metal bush from a plastic one on earlier cars is the only thing that you might be referring to?

Do you mean the Fiesta ST needs it timing belt replaced?

2) It doesn't have a timing belt - it has a timing chain which is only advised to be checked at 100k and no change interval advised by Ford at all it's that reliable.. The aux belt is advised to be renewed at 10 years / 125k

Age vs mileage, there's not much in it really, and resale value is purely a matter of opinion and how much the buyer wants to pay. If you like the car, and know how much it's going to cost in comparison etc, then why not. It's not as if you're never going to be allowed to change your car ever again if you change your mind!

Yes, the ride with be less comfortable than a Focus. It has a shorter wheelbase, so you'll feel the bumps in the road more, and the suspension on the ST is harder. It is meant to be a sport model after all! :rolleyes:

Way to go on the generalisations by the way artscot79, how many Fiesta ST owners do you actually know? <_<

The chain tensioners still go on the st some report issues at 17k though it would go noisy first i did an st170 that had a belt csnt remember what year it was though so maybe an earlier or later model i know quite a few st owners 3 in my street in fact one who has had every fiesta since the xr2 and just got rid of his st for a standard focus he also repairs cars and has many st owners round so im not sure what generalisations you imply but they are a mixed bag some drive hard all the time some now and again all siffetent ages im saying if you intend to they recommend a stronger diff as the original is a known weak point given most will tune the car

either way its not

my choice i dont want the guy walking into it blind so they are a few points to check ultimately its up to him ive had more fords than half the people on here including cortinas and capris so im not being biased its called impartial honesty what generalisations do you get from 2 airbags a dated interior and uprate the diff if you drive it as its meant to be driven check out the st forum for all the info you need and its a good place to see what common issues youll find

Saying that "most fiesta st have led a hard life by 55k", that's a generalisation. There will be some that have, like any sportier model of car, and a higher proportion of which will most likely be on various forums, but the vast majority will be just owned by normal people who drive them normally every day.

I'm confused about where the ST170 comes into it though, as it's a completely different lump to the Fiesta ST engine.

Who's got the hump? Certainly not me, I'm just trying to help the OP.

Have not got rid yet I know you guys like foci but it can't be that bad I actually quite like the drive and looks

If you like it then that's all that matters.

Opinions are like a holes - everyone's got one but they're not always nice or even right! :)

It'd be a boring world if we all liked the same things after all.

I misread clearly at work so writing on the go since its not stated i assumed it was like almost every st mountuned to 170 which was what i meant not a st 170 engine as in the foci as said just give the car a good look over a good run don't get over excited lol with these cars a good service history is needed i know many say they do it themselves but its hard to prove a well looked after car is rare sometimes mate or not and if its what you want and like go for it just be sure its what you want and suits youre needs

Mountuned fiesta st are 165, 185 and 200 (not 170) but I know what you mean...

Condition and history are paramount buying any car so you pays your money and takes your choice. :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club