Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Static Electric On New Fiesta

Mick78

Past few days closing the doors or tailgate on the Fiesta I've gotten shocks from them

Any easy cures for this other that 80's style static strips hanging from its rear end

You could always attach a big metal pole to the back and turn it into a bumper car :P :lol:

It could well be down to the tyres, your clothing or shoes.

Have you recently bought new footwear? some soles insulate better from static than others so don't discharge static when you touch the ground.

Artificial fibre clothing i.e. fleece jackets are made from respun plastic bottles and hold static like little devils.

Low carbon tyres don't ground out very well and hold static more.

http://www.wikihow.com/Get-out-of-a-Car-Without-Getting-Shocked-by-Static-Electricity

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080209123809AAsnI32

Strangely, I get terrible static shocks from supermarket trollies if i push them over laminated flooring (like the dreaded electrical and clothing departments in Tesco's).

I have to hold the metal parts rather than the handle to discharge static as it builds or else i get a nasty bolt every time.

Hi Mick, thats also what I have started to get-shocks from doors, bit strange as it only started last week.

Any ideas why?

Martin.

Change of weather also affects the static level, we are having lots of frosty days reducng the moisture level in the atmosphere so the next best conductive path to earth is you.

Whats wrong with static shocks? I build it up every time I get off my chair at work, can get some proper good cracks when touching metal things (or colleagues)! I also get it every time I leave my car and touch the door to close it. The blue bolt looks good at night!

Hi fellas, Diesel Pig, new shoes- now that I never thought of and it might be the cause for me starting to suffer some interesting shocks, combined with some frosty mornings this week.

certainly wakes you up in a morning!!

Cheers

Martin

Thanks for the replies

Nothing wrong with the shocks when they happen, would just like a wee warning just before hand :D

Going by etis my Fiesta is fitted with regen braking, would this cause a build up of static

Didn't have this with my previous Mk7

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club