Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Name: AJ
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost Titanium
  • Year: 2013

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

Brothers is top notch. Soon as I know will let all know

Will it control my Ipod Video 80Gb? I had one previously that said it would, but when I hooked it up it did not and I had to send it back to China.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 BobbyBCFC

BobbyBCFC

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Style 59

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

iPhone works. It's fully iPod ready. It wouldn't work with one and not another.

#18 AJ_sXe

AJ_sXe

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Name: AJ
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost Titanium
  • Year: 2013

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

iPhone works. It's fully iPod ready. It wouldn't work with one and not another.

Cool beans, the one I bought from the Bay of E looked great, even worked fast and was meant to be "ipod ready" but when I hooked my Ipod up it played songs fine, but wouldn't actually control the IPod's menus or allow me to select playlists albums etc. and hence since that was the main reason I bought it, it ended up sending it back.

#19 BobbyBCFC

BobbyBCFC

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

Witson one is great in all honesty. First hand experience, can't say more than that. Can control playlists to add that one.

#20 SimBeam

SimBeam

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Name: Sim
  • Ford Model: Fiesta mk7 1.6 econetic
  • Year: 2011

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

Hi FOC members,

I just made an inquiry bout this product, it looks quite awesome. I'll post more info when i get answer from them. Looking forward adding it to my sh**esta

BR.

#21 BobbyBCFC

BobbyBCFC

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

Let us know when you get it I'm just waiting for them to adapt the cable

#22 neps

neps

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Name: Espen
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2009

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

This one replaces the top screen right? What do you do with the oem buttons on the old headunit? Will they work with this new unit.

Bobby, there allready exist a diy for adapting between 2010 and 2009 radios.

#23 BobbyBCFC

BobbyBCFC

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:07 AM

The stereo buttons, volume, menu, radio etc are made to work with the new unit as are the steering wheel controls.

Not sure what you meant in your last comment. Basically my understanding is they have produced the cables and canbus to work with post 2011+ controls and sizes. But they understand it would be silly not to work on a cable fit for older models and there is a massive market.

#24 neps

neps

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

The stereo buttons, volume, menu, radio etc are made to work with the new unit as are the steering wheel controls.

Ok thats nice! Deffinately something i would like to try if my current bluetooth project fails.

Not sure what you meant in your last comment. Basically my understanding is they have produced the cables and canbus to work with post 2011+ controls and sizes. But they understand it would be silly not to work on a cable fit for older models and there is a massive market.

I meant that there is a diy on how to make a harness that allows a 2009 radio in a 2010 car, and a 2010 radio in a 2009 car. So when this unit is available for purchase, it would be possible to install it in 2009 cars aswell.

Does it also use the OEM CD player/CD slot?
On the pictures i cant see if theres room for a builtin cd slot in the new unit.

When will this be available?

#25 ken

ken

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Ford Model: 2010 Fiesta Zetec S

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

Ive got the older unit and basically it replaces the screen with a bigger one and the main stereo control unit as well. this is basically a silver box that sits behind the buttons you see and the CD drive is part of that silver box which is replaced. however the front still looks the same because the hole is built into the standard fascia which is kept. as per my picture on the left <------

#26 BobbyBCFC

BobbyBCFC

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

I meant that there is a diy on how to make a harness that allows a 2009 radio in a 2010 car, and a 2010 radio in a 2009 car. So when this unit is available for purchase, it would be possible to install it in 2009 cars aswell.

Although I have seen this on other forums, I am lead to believe that the cable they have manufactured it for is strictly for 2011 not 2010. I understand what you are saying with the physical shape but I think its something to do with the Canbus. If you could find out from witson if its just a shape issue we could all bang our heads together again.

#27 123yahyaa

123yahyaa

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Name: yahyaa
  • Ford Model: fiesta zetec 1.4 3dr

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

2011? is this for the new shape fiesta?? i want one for my 2009 zetec :)

#28 BobbyBCFC

BobbyBCFC

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

2011? is this for the new shape fiesta?? i want one for my 2009 zetec :)

I also want this for my 59 reg fiesta. With regards to "shape" do you mean the car. If so 58 - 2012 are the same shape. 2013 that new grill thing?

The connections and canbus has been manufactured for 2011 onwards. They are however currently adapting the unit for use with 2009 - 2010 models.

Email Witson, more pressure may mean quicker results with the cable for 2009-2010 fiestas.

#29 neps

neps

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

The difference between 2009 and 2010/2011 is the connectors on headunit. Canbus is a worldwide standard, and Im pretty sure theres no difference other than the physical layout on the connectors . People have successfully fitted 2011 radios in 2009 cars just by adapting the harness/connectors.

#30 BobbyBCFC

BobbyBCFC

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

The difference between 2009 and 2010/2011 is the connectors on headunit. Canbus is a worldwide standard, and Im pretty sure theres no difference other than the physical layout on the connectors . People have successfully fitted 2011 radios in 2009 cars just by adapting the harness/connectors.

I know this seen the tutorials in previous topics, however unsure if this affects the control cables of this unit. The cable splits off into many different unique male connectors. These unit connections aren't as standard as the brands you may get in halfords. Or the Ford to Ford units.

They are manufactured in a very specific way. Don't know what affect changed the connector shape is going to have.

1356936098794238.jpg

1356936098570834.jpg

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users