Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problems With Mk7 Fiesta 1.25

damocl

Hi all, Currently have a few problems if anyone can help me

1) Currently the steering columb seems to creek ever so slightly. only when your either stationary or moving slow.. can not hear/or seems to happen when your moving in say 2nd gear speed

2) Engine seems to have gained a bird chirp in the engine bay. Only seems to happen when the engine has warmed up or if not its barely noticeable at cold engine. As the revs climb the chirp goes faster untl the engine is to loud to hear it

Cheers for any help

When i took mine in for a service last week they told me they couldn't duplicate the creaking sound in the steering that would be any cause for concern. It still creeks exactly like you said, but you'll be lucky to get a fix from ford for it. Have you had your belt checked? Could also be a bad belt bearing or slipping.

Ok ive done some investagatnig myself before it goes in

its most deff from the belt area without a shadow of a doubt. I dont think its the belt myself cause in the pasts belts squeek when cold but this squeeks when warm.. maybe a bearing in a pulley? maybe even the water pump is going already?

• 2 weeks later...

Misses dropped of the car to ford today and as always trying to fob of a
woman. Said if the belt squeeks but its not faulty they won't replace
it. Also steering creeks and tried to fob her of sayinv the lubricant
for the steering column is only valid fpr a year lol. Bare in mind its a 1 year old car. She told them to ring me when they've checked it over

Good luck ford trying to fob me of later.

Sorry you had the same luck i did. It would be nice if someone knew the area's that need lubrication so we could do it ourself. The Radio drowns out the creek but still shouldn't do it on a new car.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club