Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Leaking When Filling Up!!

Summersmum

I have a 2009 fiesta 1.25 zetec, sometimes when I fill it up I struggle to get fuel into the car and find it running out underneath the car. I assume it's something to do with the capless design but have tried letting the air out of the tank (if its really empty), all sorts but it still happens.

Doesn anyone else have the same issue and any ideas how to stop it as fuel is too expensive for me to waste!!

I have a 2009 fiesta 1.25 zetec, sometimes when I fill it up I struggle to get fuel into the car and find it running out underneath the car. I assume it's something to do with the capless design but have tried letting the air out of the tank (if its really empty), all sorts but it still happens.

Doesn anyone else have the same issue and any ideas how to stop it as fuel is too expensive for me to waste!!

I never have any trouble as long as I put the nozzle in up to the notch on the bottom of it or as far as it will go and stop filling the first time the pump clicks off

And you need to rest the nozzle on the bottom of the filler hole and not hold it upwards as it keeps clicking off. Stop at first click also as otherwise it leaks out.

I believe it has an anti overfill to so if it does get to fill it just runs out. Happened to me before, filling up and wanted every last bit and noticed it was running on my feet hehe.

Learn from my mistakes

Had a similar prob with my 1.6 tdci fes. Kept leaking fuel after I filled it up. Turned out there was a problem with the auto shut off in the fuel filler neck which fords replaced under warrenty. Kept leaving stains around the fuel filler cap due to a airlock in the fuel filler neck itself. Get it checked

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club