Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Ecoboost Mpg

stuartr26

Fiesta Ecoboost MPG  

283 members have voted

1. 1. What is your average MPG with the ecoboost engine? (Be Honest!!)

Looking into possibly getting a Fiesta with the new Ecoboost engine, was just wondering if the quoted figures from Ford for MPG is anywhere near accurate. Have seen between 55-70 advertised depending on style of driving etc.

Seems most are around the mid 30's - 40's in the Fiesta's so far, but then again they're not run in at all. Going to be a while unfortunately before true figures come through, so it's either risk it or wait. Either way, it's a nicer engine than the 1.6 Ti-Vct engine it's replaced, and should in theory be lower in fuel consumption once the car hit's that sweet spot in being run in. Titanium's are probably going to get the best MPG due to their cruise control, if you use motorways.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have had the 1.0 Ecoboost 125 Titanium X for just under two weeks - the mileage is about 600, my average MPG is just under 40. About half of my miles are motorway (dual carriageway) using cruise control and half are more urban - cross City. I have tried to drive VERY economically - there is an indicator of your eco status in the menu under Ford Eco and when I was pretty much top for the three areas measured (gear shifting/anticipation/speed) I was still only able to get about 42mpg. Driving more normally I am achieving about 39.

B1g_dav3 mentioned that figures may be lower for cars not yet run in, the book does say to not try and determine fuel economy until you are past 1000 miles, but typically 2000+, so I’m hoping the figures will improve.

I moved to this from a Diesel where I was achieving on average just under 50 (the book combined was listed as 55) - I was hoping for about 55 (book states 65 for combined) from the Fiesta but is it really possible that the economy will improve by about 30% after it has been run in?

The only other thing to mention is that I upgraded from the standard 16" wheels to the 17" ones - that could affect my economy but I would have only expected to lose 2-3mpg for that?

Looking into possibly getting a Fiesta with the new Ecoboost engine, was just wondering if the quoted figures from Ford for MPG is anywhere near accurate. Have seen between 55-70 advertised depending on style of driving etc.

Hi, any manufacturers quoted mpg aren't accurate to 'real world' motoring and Ford state that on the back page of the brochure. Most cars get to about 80% of the quoted figures http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/ Cruise control will never ever give the best mpg either on our roads unless they are totally flat and without any air resistance....

I would be very happy if it ever achieves 80% of the combined figure, that would give me about 52mpg, to be honest even if it only manages 70% (around 47mpg) that would be better than where it seems to be at the moment.

The focus with the same engine claims 56.5mpg (combined) from the Ford figures and Honest John claims an MPG of 40.8 - 72%, so I may achieve near 50 in the Fiesta using those figures.

Time will tell but hoping for an extra 10 :-)

The trip has been reading 40+ mainly back roads town driving, no motorway.

Had it on 50mpg when I reset my trips after filling up the other day and I was motorway driving. But… I only drive around town usually and keep it in gear for ages so I normally am getting 39mpg which i think is pretty decent considering.

Morning

Im at 40.2 MPG, 500 miles in, i do 1 junction of motorway and abit of town per day

I used to have a 1.4 05 fiesta zetec, ive got a ecoboost 1.0L zetec now. In the old car i got £25 pound to last me 4/5/6 days on average, currently hitting 8 days with the new one

Like others have said i dont think it will get the full effect till 1K possibly 2K

How do you reset MPG calculator? going to do it after 1K miles to see improvement or not

Josh!

Morning

Im at 40.2 MPG, 500 miles in, i do 1 junction of motorway and abit of town per day

I used to have a 1.4 05 fiesta zetec, ive got a ecoboost 1.0L zetec now. In the old car i got £25 pound to last me 4/5/6 days on average, currently hitting 8 days with the new one

Like others have said i dont think it will get the full effect till 1K possibly 2K

How do you reset MPG calculator? going to do it after 1K miles to see improvement or not

Josh!

When the average mpg is displayed press and hold the selector on the stalk.

My mpg is increasing still day after day driving now showing 48's. been increasing ever since i filled up with v-power. Fords figures are quoted as been on BP Ultimate. No idea what the car had in it when i got it but so far my current half tank has gone alot further then the half tbe car was supllied with. Anyone else tried using super fuels in the ecoboost? As ford reconmend or just reg?

I stuck vpower in it the other day and it appears to be reading higher mpg by 2 or 3 in the lower 40s now was about 38 before could be engine wearing in but my routes and driving have not differed at all.

• 3 months later...

Hi

Well I've just proudly voted in the 50 - 60 MPG range - just! My Fiesta Titanium 1.0 L (125) which has covered nearly 3000 miles, mainly on rural roads and on standard grade fuel, is indicating between 50 and 53 MPG depeding on how hard I drive and whether the air con is on max chat or not. So I am getting within 80% of the book MPG which I am very pleased about. This was after resetting the avg mpg indicator from new. It is worth resetting it frequently and then you can use it to drive by to give you a good indication of your driving efficiency. If you don't reset it, it builds up old data and becomes less sensitive to changes of MPG as you drive. The instant MPG readout is as useful as a chocolate fireguard and they could have used this display for a moving average readout negating the need to manually reset the avg mpg continually.

It seems some people are disappointed with the apparent shortfall of MPG, but I have to say that my pevious was an MX-5 1.8 which has virtually identical accelaration and top speed to the Fiesta and driving them both at a push the Fiesta still beats the Mazda by about 15 MPG! Although the Fiesta is not quite so quick round a roundabout, at least you don't get rear wheel drive ruining your day.

All round, the Fiesta is a stunner IMO.

My Fiesta Titanium Ecoboost 1.0T 125 has now done 1700+ miles and is averaging 47 to 48 MPG.

My previous Fiesta Titanium 1.4 Petrol was averaging about 46 with less performance so overall I am very happy with the new engine.

My 1 litre 100ps Fiesta has done just under 52 mpg from the day I bought it, so no complaints there. I didn't realise you could reset this readout to zero. As I've done 4k miles now and the car's nicely run in, might be a good time to do that.

Hi, the problem with this poll is that it is very subjective and not an indicator of true mpg. Owners quote this and that figures, they don't really go into any detail such as whether the A/C is on, what are the driving conditions, the ambient temp, was the measurement taken with a warm or a cold engine to start with, average mph, is the road hilly or has plenty of corners and is the stereo on. All these factor in and will mean that the mpg that is achieved will be further away from any quoted figures because they are measured using techniques that avoid anything that causes lower mpg.

Having said that I can say that my car, obviously not a 1.0l, averages 34mpg but is driven fast. Around town the traffic slows me up and I get either bang on Ford figures, or even more, however I have seen 57mpg but when driven like a granny and not exceeding 40mph.

The trick to good consumption with a forced induction engine to is try to keep it 'off turbo', but then of course they are no fun, but that is what the manufacturers do.

I am mostly in the 40-50 band but on a good run please read this post: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/45314-heading-towards-claimed-mpg/

I read your linked post, but I have to say that you should be very cautious when getting high mpg figures for certain stretches of road. I managed to get an average reading of 61 mpg after driving down a certain route a couple of days ago and had me thinking that I could have hit 65 if I had kept going! It is highly likely that these routes are averagely down hill, but that wouldn't necessarily have been apparent whilst driving. This high mpg would have been compounded if lucky enough to have a strong tail wind. Anyway my next journey saw my average mpg return to it's long term average of around 51 mpg which I think is a more realistic figure.

Perhaps but the route I took is a real mixed bag of downhill and uphill and worth noting that I didn't drive like miss daisy. Even so, I didn't buy it and expect 60+mpg, would need the tdci for figures like that and beyond. Coming from a 4x4, the mpg is awesome and I don't do enough miles to justify a diesel. Also, whilst its no ST, it is quick enough for the real world but crucially more fun than a diesel. The fact diesels don't rev has always annoyed me. This ZS has the torque and turbo shove to match the diesel but will still rev. Couple that to free road tax and £55 fill up means this is a great all rounder.

Well done Ford I must say.

• Like 1

On the 1.6 ecoboost engine, im getting about 35 mpg that's include b roads at the weekend and town driving all week. since reaching the 1k mark it has gone up a little aswell and im not driving it economically at all.

• 1 month later...

got a 61.3 mpg out of my ecoboost yesterday.

I was doing 60mph on the motorway for about 1 hour 30 mins, as my mate has a seat arosa, which barely does 60 down hill.

I had to wait for him.

I am well pleased with that.

post-45084-0-35656300-1379272446_thumb.jHi, just a couple of weeks ago i recorded on my trip meter 62.2 mpg the most ive had so far and that was driving between 40-50 mph windows open taking it easy

I got the eco champion award on my dash

Gear Shifting 4

Anticipation 4

Speed 3

Current Score 4

Dan222, your speedo does not indicate mpg as well lol! I too have isolated cases of mpg greater than 60, but they are transient and probably accompanied by average downhill travel. In the long term, dependending on the many factors that effect consumption I believe that an indicated 45 - 50 mpg is realistic. This was after an initial estimate of 50 - 55 mpg which I think was down to over-cautious use of the accelerator to keep the engine off-boost as much as possible. Anyway I'm still pleased as it still beats my old MX-5 by about 10 mpg which had the same top speed and acceleration (0 - 60 mph).

• 3 weeks later...

300 miles on clock and up to 40 mpg. Keeps creeping up each time

I drive it. Hoping mid 40's minimum. As others advise, once over 1000 miles done, will fill up and reset.

Great drive though ;-)

300 miles on clock and up to 40 mpg. Keeps creeping up each time

I drive it. Hoping mid 40's minimum. As others advise, once over 1000 miles done, will fill up and reset.

Great drive though ;-)

You should get much more than forty, I'm currently on just over 3000 miles my average is around 52 - 54 mpg but on a good run motorway I average just over 60 every time as long as I keep to a reasonable speed somewhere between 65-70 mph if I go over this figure I notice quite a drop goes down to around 49-50 mark all this is on normal unleaded petrol esso. Enjoy your new fiesta they are a fantastic drive for the size of car I'm on my 6th fiesta they just keep getting better!

• 3 weeks later...

Done 6000 miles and get around 40 mpg per tank.

Considering how it's driven that good enough for me.