Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Ecoboost Mpg

stuartr26

Fiesta Ecoboost MPG  

283 members have voted

1. 1. What is your average MPG with the ecoboost engine? (Be Honest!!)

It cost me £47.40 to fill it when I picked up the car, and it was almost completely empty, even though I'd left 1/2 a tank of petrol in my MG (buying the car wasn't entirely planned on that day, so I didn't consider the fuel level when I filled it up previously :( ).

The tank is 42 liters on the 1.0T

Is there any benefit in using Supermarket Super Unleaded over Unleaded ?

I think there is a difference in Sainsburys of about 5-6p a litre

V-Power in Shell garages is on another level & is a good 12-15p more a litre by me but wondered if a supermarket Super Unleaded was worth using

Others would disagree with me but standard and super make no difference. Even a remaped fiesta will be happy with standard (so Superchips told me)

Just buy the cheapest. Only thing I would say about super is don't get tesco momentum, it made the exhaust tips black.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not a car to drive like a Granny to be fair... Have fun... 39 is good enjoying the performance and engine soundtrack!

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

It's not a car to drive like a Granny to be fair... Have fun... 39 is good enjoying the performance and engine soundtrack!

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

I drive like a nun. I get a good 45-50mpg mainly town driving, motorways I get 55mpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

The best I could get mixed driving averaged 34 but great fun and quick unfortunately the ford dealer managed to crash it so the vehicle was rejected and I bought another turbo diesel I had previously had a 09 zs and a 60 titanium diesel these have been the best of the fiestas I have owned !

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• 2 months later...

I have only done 630 miles in about 6 weeks and I'm getting 41.5 mpg

In start stop traffic the economy is rubbish, better on the motorway at just over 70mph

I would echo the point above regarding mpg, although here I work in L per 100KM. Officially it should be 4.3-5.9l per 100KM, this is almost never the case in city traffic or even modestly crowded country roads. However, more recently with "sensible" driving on relatively free flowing roads I get about 4.5-6.5 (roughly as promised), which is much better than the 8+ I often get in town. A lot of it as others have said elsewhere is down to driving style if you keep at a steady speed as suggested above it is a pretty fuel efficient beast otherwise prepare to be a little disappointed.

I've just got my ST last week with a promised high 40s mpg. On the motorway, punching way above, but as I've only had it a week... Well can you blame a guy for having a bit of fun first? The jury is still out on economy.

Although I agree with the point on the super fuels. I've currently been filling up with Super Unleaded... Dunno what effect it will have, but I'm not leaving anything to chance.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Went for a little jaunt yesterday to Blackpool approx. 44 miles (one way) using A/B roads and motorway, went via Belmont, had the wife & I some fun, this is were the ST really comes alive on the country roads. The motorway part is approx. 14 miles varying between 70 - 80 mph, anything over 80 mph and fuel consumption gets hammered (35ish mpg). So, we had ourselves some fish "n" chips and set off on our return journey, this was the same route reversed, on the Belmont part we would be averaging around the 50 - 60 mph up & down the gears & some overtaking, fuel outcome for the journey .. Shell 95 Ron, car only 400 miles ish on the clock, 40.2 mpg. I can't say if the mountune helps in the mpg war & I can't say if it feels it has more power but what I will say is power delivery is a lot smoother. We are going to France Germany & the Netherlands this year seeing some old (very old hehehe) army buddies on a driving holiday and I am hoping to see the 40 mpg figure when we arrive back home. This figure can only get better in my estimation because when I had the Zs it struggled around the 44 mpg until about the 1500 mile marker then it started giving 49 mpg so time will tell.

You won't get high 40's on the ST. I do nothing but mway and a roads at stupid o'clock (Samsung has o'clock after the word stupid?) And I get 43mpg but I do drive like a loon on the slip road sprints etc.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

And rog you have to see if you can max the speedo out on the autobahn. See if fords top speed is correct.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

I maxxed the Zs out over here when it had done about 700 miles, it was bouncing. I will be giving it some in Germany you can count on that, 43 mpg will do nicely and I love caneing it down the slip road aswell.

• 2 weeks later...

Went out with a mate yesterday (260 mile round trip) in his BMW 320 diesel, averaged 55.9 mpg and he didn't hang about. I was a little embarassed to tell him my 1ltr Titanium X is averaging 37.6 mpg (780 miles to date) and mainly very efficient driving. Hope this improves!

Yes I think you need to give it a little time, that is what others seem to say at least. I have done less miles than you and I have noticed some improvement. Some is due to my driving style changing as much as the car I guess. I work in l/100km here and should be getting about 4.3l on the open country road, for now that is about 4.5 - 5.5, although that is with very constant speeds and revs. As someone else said on here about 2,000 revs seems to be optimal. The minute I go above that the consumption soars. Based on what you said though I guess you may be doing that already.

@Pathfinder. Your engine is still tight but it does sound as if something may be up. Brakes binding? Very short trips? SS working ok? Lots of town driving? Boot full of concrete? This hot weather should be giving you your best mpg figures this year.

Don't forget that your mate needs to save money to pay for dearer fuel and to have his particulate filter serviced. He's also polluting a lot more than you are with your petrol, so hold your head high.

Pathfinder take the stabilizers off, release the "beast", you will find if you push the engine now it will start to perform and give you better figures.

The only thing to remember about running a car in now a days is not to labour the engine.

Thanks to Rod, Tom and Roger - will keep you posted.

Thanks to Rod, Tom and Roger - will keep you posted.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am new to the forum and was hoping someone could answer a few questions.

I am looking at getting the new Fiesta ST-3 but was wondering what sort of MPG I can expect on motorway runs? As i would be doing a 300 mile round trip most weekends when I work away. Also has anyone got the Mountune upgrade? Does this help motorway MPG at all? What sort of MPG could I expect with town driving (daily commute to work)?

Cheers in advance.