Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Ecoboost Mpg

stuartr26

Fiesta Ecoboost MPG  

283 members have voted

1. 1. What is your average MPG with the ecoboost engine? (Be Honest!!)

My last Fiesta was a Titanium 1.4 and it returned 33mpg in town and 50 on a run.   I recently changed to a Fiesta 100 Ecoboost and I am now getting 38mpg in town and 60 on a run.   The trip computer reports that, in town, 68% of my driving is on a cold engine.

18 hours ago, Bobr said:

My last Fiesta was a Titanium 1.4 and it returned 33mpg in town and 50 on a run.   I recently changed to a Fiesta 100 Ecoboost and I am now getting 38mpg in town and 60 on a run.   The trip computer reports that, in town, 68% of my driving is on a cold engine.

Mine a bit lower than your old car being a 1.6 but never touch 50mpg on a run so thats as good as the Eco or not far off anyway like 5 mpg round town/local.

Cant see how you could get 50mpg on a run as mine dont come close,saying that my mates Focus 125 Eco only does 6 to 10 mpg better local as mine.

So what i have read not a vast amount of different on a very local drive as you say cold engine.

3 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Mine a bit lower than your old car being a 1.6 but never touch 50mpg on a run so thats as good as the Eco or not far off anyway like 5 mpg round town/local.

Cant see how you could get 50mpg on a run as mine dont come close,saying that my mates Focus 125 Eco only does 6 to 10 mpg better local as mine.

So what i have read not a vast amount of different on a very local drive as you say cold engine.

I've had two 1.4s.   An 06 and an 09.   I had the 06 from new and it was very carefully run in.   The 06 did 50.08 on a run from Nottingham to Lockerbie and 51.01 on a run from Nottingham to Blackpool.   Both mostly motorway.   It did 57.27 on a run from Nottingham to Barrow in Furness and 53.01 from Lockerbie to Scarborough.   The 09 did 50.22 from Nottingham to Wakefield and back.   I always fill the tank full and note the mileage and keep a full record on Excel.   I think knowing exactly what mpg your car is doing is a heads up on the state of your engine.   I think mpg depends, to a great extent, on the way you drive too.   I have a very light right foot.   The best out of the Ecoboost 100 so far is 41.79 over 88 miles in town and 60.5 on a run from Nottingham to Scarborough, Wakefield, Nottingham a round trip of 276 miles.

My wife's 15 plate Black eddition gets mid to high 30's it now has 19000 on the clock. 

We have had one tank that was lots of motorway that got over 40 but the rest are short journeys from the wife then I take it out and can't resist stomping the loud pedal. 

Not as good as I expected but I am happy with it. It is just so much fun to drive. 

The last tank was Shell Vpower nitro+

Screenshot_20160603-212231.png

• Like 1

Going off the trip. Current tank 290 miles. 38mpg avg. Mostly short journeys but a few trips out. I don't help it love that turbo noise 

• Like 2

Good to see someone else using the My Cars app. Here's some of my typical fuel fill ups:

Screenshot_20160604-083901.png

• Like 1

It's a great app, very useful. 

I know my wife does mostly short journeys 1 to 3 miles. She would walk to work but times from finishing work and collecting the kids from school (too young to walk home alone yet)  are too short. 

But even with these short journeys I would have expected a bit better. Its affectively the same as the 06 plate 1.4 Corsa we had before. 

Great car though. 

I managed to squeeze a 62mpg round trip across Ireland recently. My regular average mpg is still a great 45+mpg with mixed city/motorway driving with and without the Eco button on. 

• Like 1

I squeeze 42mpg from my ST on the 35mile commute.

Around town I get too kiddy on my right foot average around 37mpg. Going MP215 soon, should improve eco sightly with the better breathing

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheYoungGinge said:

Around town I get too kiddy on my right foot average around 37mpg. Going MP215 soon, should decrease eco sightly with the better powa!

Fixed for you :P

Don't tell me you won't use it :D

• Like 2

Just managed 50mpg on a run took some !Removed! effort though

• Like 1

Filled my Fiesta Ecoboost 100 up today and got a recorded 39.5 on the trip computer.   When I checked it against the last fill it turned out to be 44.72mpg.   This compares with an average 33mpg in my last Fiesta a 1.4.   All town driving and average journey about 3 miles for taking the dogs out.   Computer also said that 60% of my driving was on a cold engine.   Roll on Summer.

On 04/06/2016 at 4:53 PM, TheYoungGinge said:

Around town I get too kiddy on my right foot average around 37mpg. Going MP215 soon, should improve eco sightly with the better breathing

I found when I get the MP215 it didn't change my MPG at all. Maybe with the intake alone it would give better economy, but I would think the remap will be giving more power but using more fuel. I could be wrong though - there are some maps for diesel engines which supposedly give more power and more MPG.

The aircon also has an impact, it was adding around 0.3-0.5l/100km when I did an entirely non-scientific test recently which is a sizable chunk of the fuel consumption.. 

• Like 1

On 04/06/2016 at 4:54 PM, alexp999 said:

Fixed for you :P

Don't tell me you won't use it :D

Of course I would use it, but on long commutes on average speed check roads I can't :(

On 05/06/2016 at 9:10 PM, Phil 87 said:

I found when I get the MP215 it didn't change my MPG at all. Maybe with the intake alone it would give better economy, but I would think the remap will be giving more power but using more fuel. I could be wrong though - there are some maps for diesel engines which supposedly give more power and more MPG.

Yeah, similar mpg and gains in power - can't fault it!

• Like 1

In the recent warm weather I noticed at idling speed my car was using .1 gal per hour   when I put the air con on it went to .3 gal per hour.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

i have a 2015 fiesta 1ltr with eco boost engine very disappointed with performance. it was ex demo i am fIirst owner, it 2163 miles on it when I bought it. The manual says dont labour the engine. (should have said this is my first petrol car for 16 years always Mondeo diesel.) the manual says dont labour the engine, my car hates 50 in 5th so have to drop to 4th up goes the revs hates 40 in 4th it labours, so drop to third up goes the revs.

I have had it a year and a couple of weeks, Ive done mileage checks on every fill, never go below half a tank, and my mileage is I consider done properly, not by the so called trip computer thats a joke to me. what I do is when I fill up note how many Ltrs i put on and what the mileage was then zero the trip meter, I then divide my Ltrs by 4.5 =gall than the mileage by galls that way I get a true reading, more accurate than that computer thing onboard. I am getting 32 to 34.7 round town and local roads and Ive done onlt two M/way runs of over 100, and the best return I get was 39.7 in 5th gear doing a steady 70, so for fuel its rubbish and I am bitterly dissapointed with it, but financially cant get rid of it yet.

There's something wrong with your car Mike.   I have the same car.   Mine has 25k miles on it and I can get well over 50 on a run.I use the same system as you for mileage and it's all entered on a spreadsheet.   The worst mileage I've ever had on it was recently in freezing cold weather when I only used it to take my dogs out, a journey of less than three miles so the car never got warmed up, and I still got 34 mpg.   I can comfortably drive mine at 40mph in 5th and 30 in 4th.

et.

Yeah I'd agree must be something wrong with your car or you have a very heavy right and left foot?

You didn't say which variant of the ecoboost engine you have, 100, 125 or 140, but even so that sounds pretty bad mpg .

I've got the 140 bhp version and I've not seen it go under 40mpg in town driving usually about 42, 53mpg on a longer mainly motorway drive at 65-75 mph.

Do about 48mpg now on a run into work which is about 3 miles of country lanes, a few A roads, 12 miles of motorway and then about 2 miles in town.

I'm not dawdling around either. Only had the car since October so it's only done about 3000 miles and it's pretty much always been under 15C ambient temperature so I'm hoping for a few more mpg in the summer months.

Wow! you guys are doing well, I do only in city mileage and average 28mpg is something wrong with my car????

i've got a 1.0 litre 100 and with 95 unleaded i'm averaging about 48mpg but with premium which i think is about 97 I get around 51mpg but i'd consider myself to be driving in an economic way at the moment.

The octane rating of premium unleaded does seem to vary depending on where you buy it.  Based on local knowledge Texaco, BP, Esso & Sainsburys are 97. Tesco Momentum is 99 and Shell is ? (not specified on their website).  On the inside of the filler flap it says you can use super unleaded and right across mainland Europe I believe that is 98 octane which makes me wonder if the ignition can advance far enough to make the best of 99 octane.

fiesta eco boost 1.0 125

i reset mine at the weekend and iv done one two trips of 20 mins rural driving avg 60mph and town driving avg 30-40mph my average is 43mpg i always use Shell standard unleaded with the occasional vpower if im feeling nice. sometimes have to put £10 of tesco/asda fuel if money and fuel coming little tight end of month, thats  with a light foot round town keeping speed limits with an occasional heavy foot if im angry lol

8 hours ago, Banana Co said:

i've got a 1.0 litre 100 and with 95 unleaded i'm averaging about 48mpg but with premium which i think is about 97 I get around 51mpg but i'd consider myself to be driving in an economic way at the moment.

That is consistently what I am getting as well, if I am lucky about 53mpg.  My trip is about 20km each way and about 1/3 is probably spent in some form of slow or stopped traffic. 

Just to update. Currently seeing around 2mpg. Amongst other things its been filling the sump with fuel... 

Although following on im in the process of fitting a replacement engine so we'll be back to normal soon

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club