Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Ecoboost Mpg

stuartr26

Fiesta Ecoboost MPG  

283 members have voted

1. 1. What is your average MPG with the ecoboost engine? (Be Honest!!)

This is a mixture of town and motorway driving in a 1 litre ecoboost 100.

IMG_0622.JPG

Bobr,

What is the illuminated A symbol in the centre of your dash, haven't noticed it in my car.  The only thing I have in that area is the main beam warning light. 

28 minutes ago, Trewithy said:

Bobr,

What is the illuminated A symbol in the centre of your dash, haven't noticed it in my car.  The only thing I have in that area is the main beam warning light. 

auto stop activation it turns orange if auto stop-start malfunctions.

• Like 1

Also turns orange if you exit the vehicle or leave your door open etc when the car wants to start up again  :) 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Got a new 1.0 Ecoboost Fiesta back in July and now have just over 2000 miles on the clock: should I feel disappointed with my current 46 mpg?

(It's certainly a let down compared to the 62 mpg I was getting in the 2010 1.4 TDCi just before I traded it in...)

It's not bad depending on how it's been driven. The ecoboost is the most sensitive to driving style I have ever driven light throttle inputs and keep off the brakes with forward planning and you should see the mpg sore.

• Like 1

Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost 182 - Family Wagon, serviced and maintained properly with 52k miles. - Driven enthusiastically from time to time.

Around Town - 22-24mpg

Long Distance - 39-42mpg

16 hours ago, GCarty80 said:

Got a new 1.0 Ecoboost Fiesta back in July and now have just over 2000 miles on the clock: should I feel disappointed with my current 46 mpg?

(It's certainly a let down compared to the 62 mpg I was getting in the 2010 1.4 TDCi just before I traded it in...)

I get between 40 local and 60 motorway, it will improve - my last Fiesta got better after I'd put 10,000 miles on it.

• Like 1

Evening everybody

had my fiesta ecoboost 125 titanium x for 16 months currently averaging 31.7mpg. car is used for a 2 mile commute to work and back, start/stop used when possible in traffic.

Friend of mine has a kuga ecoboost 182 auto currently averaging 26.6mpg. car not used often and only roubd town when is used. start/stop doesn't activate as engine to temp before getting to destination.

both of us disappointed with figures but as people say on other forums you can have 'eco' or 'boost' but not both.

As I've mentioned in previous posts I get about 48-55 mpg in my ST-Line Fiesta 140 ecoboost. My daily commute into work, about 30 mile round trip mix of B roads, A roads and Motorway.

48mpg is a typical winter value and 55mpg once the temp is over about 15 degrees C. I'm not dawdling around either up to about 80 on the motorway and generally keeping up with the traffic on the other roads. A recent 100 mile trip to Birmingham I got a dash value of 63mpg though I did rarely get over 60mph as I was taking an elderly relative who seemed to get a bit anxious if I went any faster.

As has been mentioned,your driving style is probably the biggest factor along with the ambient temperature and the sort of trips you are taking. Short 2 mile stop start journeys in town will certainly kill the mpg.

But just recently I have had to do just that for a couple of weeks, a 3 mile trip across town in rush hour each day.

I'm currently getting about 44mpg doing that (stop start turned off). So god knows how some of you appear to be getting  the mpg down into the low 30's .

It would seem its either something wrong with your car or your driving style.

On 9/23/2018 at 4:06 PM, GCarty80 said:

But the 1.4 TDCi could barely DO 0-62MPH let alone due it is a reasonable time:whip:.  Joking aside, 46 MPG might be a decent figure for a fresh EB 1.0 engine but it really depends on how you drive and the types of journey you make in it.

On 9/25/2018 at 6:58 PM, statts said:

Evening everybody

had my fiesta ecoboost 125 titanium x for 16 months currently averaging 31.7mpg. car is used for a 2 mile commute to work and back, start/stop used when possible in traffic.

Friend of mine has a kuga ecoboost 182 auto currently averaging 26.6mpg. car not used often and only roubd town when is used. start/stop doesn't activate as engine to temp before getting to destination.

both of us disappointed with figures but as people say on other forums you can have 'eco' or 'boost' but not both.

Also, regardless of what engine you have if your typical journey is only 2 miles your MPG is going to be pants.

1 hour ago, 1979Damian said:

Also, regardless of what engine you have if your typical journey is only 2 miles your MPG is going to be pants.

Yes 1979Damien I agree but stop/start does activate with my car as it is used daily. just thought we would both get closer to the official urban mpg figures quoted which i think were 52.3 for my car and 32.5mpg for my friends car.

5 minutes ago, statts said:

Yes 1979Damien I agree but stop/start does activate with my car as it is used daily. just thought we would both get closer to the official urban mpg figures quoted which i think were 52.3 for my car and 32.5mpg for my friends car.

To stand a chance of even getting remotely close the engine needs to be fully up to temp (the temp gauge on the dash is not a true representation of engine temp so can't be relied on for judging this).

The ecoboost engine is very sensitive has to how it is driven.  My last tank full driving around the suburbs in average traffic conditions (measured first cut-off to first cut-off against mileage) gave me 35mpg.  A recent very long drive on motorways cruising at 65 mph gave 61mpg.  To get the best mpg it is best driven on a light throttle. Once you start pushing it and the turbo winds up it starts drinking fuel.  Stop/start actually saves very little fuel, its main purpose is to reduce pollution. 

On 9/27/2018 at 11:17 AM, Trewithy said:

The ecoboost engine is very sensitive has to how it is driven.  My last tank full driving around the suburbs in average traffic conditions (measured first cut-off to first cut-off against mileage) gave me 35mpg.  A recent very long drive on motorways cruising at 65 mph gave 61mpg.  To get the best mpg it is best driven on a light throttle. Once you start pushing it and the turbo winds up it starts drinking fuel.  Stop/start actually saves very little fuel, its main purpose is to reduce pollution. 

Any ideas about optimal revs to shift up and down?

I've found the. lower the engine rpm the better the mpg just make sure you don't labour the engine as this uses more fuel. So for me gentle driving I change up at 1800 rpm and down at 1200 rpm climbing hills or rapid acceleration higher rpm is needed. Cruising at 30 rpm I'm in 4 gear in a 5 speed manual except when hill climbing when I drop down to 3rd.

• Like 1

I have just returned from a trip to Southampton and back, 300 miles in total.  The dashboard mpg reads 52.2.  I haven't been to fill up so I don't know the actual mpg yet but it will be very close to 50mpg. Air con on all the time. I think that is good return for a powershift automatic.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on my mpg observations. Just recently my Commute to work has changed to a new location so I'm now doing about 65 miles per day instead of 30 miles with a greater % on the motorway than before, about 75% motorway with the other 25% a mix of A & B roads. I was getting about 54mpg before, I'm now getting 58mpg on a  Fiesta ST-Line 140.

Guess it's just the steady pace on the Motorway for a greater % of the journey plus a little less in town traffic than before.

Brand new first 100 miles very gentle driving 37 mpg 

What model is that in Rick?

I got 47 mpg (indicated on dash) on my first run out in my Fiesta had 100 delivery miles on the clock. Took it for a 30 mile trip at average pace. Didn't take it over 3000 rpm

But I wouldn't describe it as very gentle.

Think I posted the pics on here as my first post on these forums

New shape 68 plate courier sport 1.0 petrol 100 bhp model,think it will get better as the miles go on 

I think mine was about 5mpg better after about 5000 miles, gradually increased to my current mid to high 50's, about 17000 on the clock now. But some of that is probably due to my change of commute to work to a larger % of motorway.

Didn't realise they did a Van with the ecoboost engine.

Currently getting about 37 mpg in my ST. That's about 5 mpg less than my previous 1.25 Zetec, but my commute is all A and B roads (and the novelty of 200 bhp on overboost hasn't worn off yet) :driving: