Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Ford Fiesta Ecoboost Mpg

Fiesta ecoboost mpg

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

Poll: Fiesta Ecoboost MPG (82 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your average MPG with the ecoboost engine? (Be Honest!!)

1. 20-30 MPG (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 30-40 MPG (20 votes [24.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.10%

3. 40-50 MPG (52 votes [62.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.65%

4. 50-60 MPG (11 votes [13.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.25%

5. 60-70 MPG (0 votes [0.00%])

6. 70+ MPG (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Job

Job

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.0 L (125)
  • Year: 2013

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

I am mostly in the 40-50 band but on a good run please read this post: http://www.fordowner...ds-claimed-mpg/

I read your linked post, but I have to say that you should be very cautious when getting high mpg figures for certain stretches of road. I managed to get an average reading of 61 mpg after driving down a certain route a couple of days ago and had me thinking that I could have hit 65 if I had kept going! It is highly likely that these routes are averagely down hill, but that wouldn't necessarily have been apparent whilst driving. This high mpg would have been compounded if lucky enough to have a strong tail wind. Anyway my next journey saw my average mpg return to it's long term average of around 51 mpg which I think is a more realistic figure.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

The member the forum deserves but not the one it needs right now

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2014

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:50 PM

Perhaps but the route I took is a real mixed bag of downhill and uphill and worth noting that I didn't drive like miss daisy. Even so, I didn't buy it and expect 60+mpg, would need the tdci for figures like that and beyond. Coming from a 4x4, the mpg is awesome and I don't do enough miles to justify a diesel. Also, whilst its no ST, it is quick enough for the real world but crucially more fun than a diesel. The fact diesels don't rev has always annoyed me. This ZS has the torque and turbo shove to match the diesel but will still rev. Couple that to free road tax and £55 fill up means this is a great all rounder.

Well done Ford I must say.

#18 craiglr

craiglr

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Name: craig
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST-2

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

On the 1.6 ecoboost engine, im getting about 35 mpg that's include b roads at the weekend and town driving all week.  since reaching the 1k mark it has gone up a little aswell and im not driving it economically at all.

#19 cuke

cuke

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Focus Titanium X
  • Year: 2011

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

http://www.carmagazi...e-fuel-economy/

#20 DAN222

DAN222

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Name: dan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ZS

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

got a 61.3 mpg out of my ecoboost yesterday. 

I was doing 60mph on the motorway for about 1 hour 30 mins, as my mate has a seat arosa, which barely does 60 down hill. 

I had to wait for him. 

I am well pleased with that. 

#21 Big Keith

Big Keith

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Name: Keith
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost Titanium 100ps

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

mpg.jpg Hi, just a couple of weeks ago i recorded on my trip meter 62.2 mpg the most ive had so far and that was driving between 40-50 mph windows open taking it easy

I got the eco champion award on my dash 

Gear Shifting 4

Anticipation   4

Speed           3

Current Score 4

#22 Job

Job

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.0 L (125)

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

Dan222, your speedo does not indicate mpg as well lol! I too have isolated cases of mpg greater than 60, but they are transient and probably accompanied by average downhill travel. In the long term, dependending on the many factors that effect consumption I believe that an indicated 45 - 50 mpg is realistic. This was after an initial estimate of 50 - 55 mpg which I think was down to over-cautious use of the accelerator to keep the engine off-boost as much as possible. Anyway I'm still pleased as it still beats my old MX-5 by about 10 mpg which had the same top speed and acceleration (0 - 60 mph).

#23 lloydster82

lloydster82

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Name: Stewart
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec Ecoboost 1.0 100ps

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

300 miles on clock and up to 40 mpg. Keeps creeping up each time
I drive it. Hoping mid 40's minimum. As others advise, once over 1000 miles done, will fill up and reset.
Great drive though ;-)

#24 Big Keith

Big Keith

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Name: Keith
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost Titanium 100ps

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

300 miles on clock and up to 40 mpg. Keeps creeping up each time
I drive it. Hoping mid 40's minimum. As others advise, once over 1000 miles done, will fill up and reset.
Great drive though ;-)

You should get much more than forty, I'm currently on just over 3000 miles my average is around 52 - 54 mpg but on a good run motorway I average just over 60 every time as long as I keep to a reasonable speed somewhere between 65-70 mph if I go over this figure I notice quite a drop goes down to around 49-50 mark all this is on normal unleaded petrol esso. Enjoy your new fiesta they are a fantastic drive for the size of car I'm on my 6th fiesta they just keep getting better!

#25 Willy

Willy

Mountune'd 1.0 EcoBoost Titanium (Midnight Sky)

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,595 posts
  • Name: Willy
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium MP135
Contributor

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

Done 6000 miles and get around 40 mpg per tank.

Considering how it's driven that good enough for me.

#26 jamie000

jamie000

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Name: jamie
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ecoboost zetec

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:58 AM

Hi

Well I've just proudly voted in the 50 - 60 MPG range - just! My Fiesta Titanium 1.0 L (125) which has covered nearly 3000 miles, mainly on rural roads and on standard grade fuel, is indicating between 50 and 53 MPG depeding on how hard I drive and whether the air con is on max chat or not. So I am getting within 80% of the book MPG which I am very pleased about. This was after resetting the avg mpg indicator from new. It is worth resetting it frequently and then you can use it to drive by to give you a good indication of your driving efficiency. If you don't reset it, it builds up old data and becomes less sensitive to changes of MPG as you drive. The instant MPG readout is as useful as a chocolate fireguard and they could have used this display for a moving average readout negating the need to manually reset the avg mpg continually.

It seems some people are disappointed with the apparent shortfall of MPG, but I have to say that my pevious was an MX-5 1.8 which has virtually identical accelaration and top speed to the Fiesta and driving them both at a push the Fiesta still beats the Mazda by about 15 MPG! Although the Fiesta is not quite so quick round a roundabout, at least you don't get rear wheel drive ruining your day. 

All round, the Fiesta is a stunner IMO.

Not many cars on board mpg readouts are accurate... so an indicated 50 mpg could be anywhere betwen 40 and 50... which is quite poor, no?

#27 jamie000

jamie000

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

Hi, any manufacturers quoted mpg aren't accurate to 'real world' motoring and Ford state that on the back page of the brochure. Most cars get to about 80% of the quoted figures http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/ Cruise control will never ever give the best mpg either on our roads unless they are totally flat and without any air resistance....

Most ecoboosts (as voted for above) are getting between 30 and 50 mpg, which is on average less than 70% of the manufacturers figure. I get about 44 mpg (real mpg, not taken off the dashboard, which is hopelessly optimistic) on mainly A roads. In my previous huge diesel volvo car I got the same mpg. I am very disappointed in the fiesta mpg, but I hope it will improve as the engine beds in, tho I doubt it will. I must say that I do think it is a nice engine, just very inefficient, and designed to pass the tests rather than to be good in the real world. Throw in the fact that most drivers believe the dashboard mpg figure and hey presto, Ford have a winner.

Cruise control is excellent on m/ways for improving mpg, unless there are lots of hills and traffic. When you use it you realise how much other people slow down and speed up over time for no other reason than they are not a computer but are very bored and not concentrating very hard, which is understandable. What on earth zero air resistance has to do with it is anyone's guess!?!?

#28 Willy

Willy

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,595 posts
Contributor

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

I brought my fiesta to have fun and enjoy driving until I get stuck behind some slow coach doing 20 mph lower than the limit to conserve fuel.

Enjoy your car's and stop worrying about MPG figures. And please please keep the slow coaches in the left lane. Thanks.

#29 jamie000

jamie000

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:39 AM

I brought my fiesta to have fun and enjoy driving until I get stuck behind some slow coach doing 20 mph lower than the limit to conserve fuel.

Enjoy your car's and stop worrying about MPG figures. And please please keep the slow coaches in the left lane. Thanks.

I agree that slow coaches are a pain, especially in the outside lane on the motorway. The chap that gets 60 mpg while doing 65 mph is a great example of how odd the ecoboost argument is. ANY car going that slowly at constant speed with a modest engine size should do a respectable mpg (but his will be low 50s as he is believing the dashboard figure, which will be optimistic [it sells cars]). But my car has replaced a car that was twice as big and a little faster, but does the same mpg (again, I need to reiterate that I mean real mpg, not Ford dashboard mpg!).

I also agree and think the engine is great fun to drive briskly, that did sell for me. But the whole point about the ecoboost is higher mpg through turbocharging... but it doesn't seem to be working, and if you do 20k a rear and are spending a couple of grand more than you expected to over 3 years, then yes, you have every right to complain and discuss why this is.

#30 Willy

Willy

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,595 posts
Contributor

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

I came from a focus ST which had a volvo 5 cylinder turbo charged engine in it that gave around 22 mpg so im more than happy with what I'm getting now.

I do arround 6-8 thousand a year hence a petrol but considering the mileage your doing wouldnt a diesel be a better option for better mpg

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fiesta, ecoboost, mpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users