Show
Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Ford Fiesta Ecoboost Mpg

Fiesta ecoboost mpg

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

Poll: Fiesta Ecoboost MPG (67 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your average MPG with the ecoboost engine? (Be Honest!!)

1. 20-30 MPG (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 30-40 MPG (19 votes [27.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.94%

3. 40-50 MPG (41 votes [60.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.29%

4. 50-60 MPG (8 votes [11.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

5. 60-70 MPG (0 votes [0.00%])

6. 70+ MPG (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#76 Shaun1993

Shaun1993

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Name: Shaun
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST-3
  • Year: 2014

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

Hi, I am new to the forum and was hoping someone could answer a few questions. 

I am looking at getting the new Fiesta ST-3 but was wondering what sort of MPG I can expect on motorway runs? As i would be doing a 300 mile round trip most weekends when I work away. Also has anyone got the Mountune upgrade? Does this help motorway MPG at all? What sort of MPG could I expect with town driving (daily commute to work)?

Cheers in advance.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#77 Clarky2013

Clarky2013

Addicted to boost

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Name: Tom
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2 Race Red MP215

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:33 PM

I get 39-40 mpg in my St mp215 . That is a 25 mile round motorway trip 5 days a week and a !Removed! good thrashing on the weekends :P

#78 Shaun1993

Shaun1993

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:45 PM

I get 39-40 mpg in my St mp215 . That is a 25 mile round motorway trip 5 days a week and a !Removed! good thrashing on the weekends :P

Thanks mate. Does cruise control help if you just set it at 70-80? I've heard anything over that drinks juice?

#79 BigRog

BigRog

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Name: Roger

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

I average 41ish running on tesco 99 but have just done a 2200 mile round trip in europe which averaged 46 mpg and that is what I would call true mpg not going off the trip computer, that was doing between 70 - 80 mph with cruise on and also giving it some real hard going at over 110 mph for long spells on the autobahn, even had it just over 155 on the clock for a short spell. This was running it on Ron 100 (Vpower) and the superb Ron 102, just to add I have the MP215 as well.
Yes anything over the 80mph with cruise does drink it faster.

#80 Shaun1993

Shaun1993

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:08 PM

I average 41ish running on tesco 99 but have just done a 2200 mile round trip in europe which averaged 46 mpg and that is what I would call true mpg not going off the trip computer, that was doing between 70 - 80 mph with cruise on and also giving it some real hard going at over 110 mph for long spells on the autobahn, even had it just over 155 on the clock for a short spell. This was running it on Ron 100 (Vpower) and the superb Ron 102, just to add I have the MP215 as well.
Yes anything over the 80mph with cruise does drink it faster.

Thanks mate. Is there much of a difference between normal and super unleaded fuel? in relation to both performance and mpg?

#81 BigRog

BigRog

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Name: Roger

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

Slightly yes, I prefer it running on the Ron 99 from tesco than normal 95, I can feel the throttle responds better, also maybe get a few extra mpg, it's worth the extra pennies. If you can afford the Shell Vpower then use that, but I find the tesco fuel ok. (just my view) not after a fuel war debate.
You will always get better results with an higher octane fuel on a turbo charged car.
I also run nitrogen in the tyres, which I am a big fan of.

#82 Phil 87

Phil 87

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Name: Phil
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:06 PM

I think I've posted here before but might as well give an update.

I'm getting around 35-37 mpg mostly from commuting, only 15 miles a day on a mix of different types of roads. That's the true mpg checked each fill up, the trip computer says about 4 or 5 more. Also did a long trip to Cumbria and back at the weekend and got 40.5 mpg, that was about half motorway and half A roads, but lots of traffic at times, air con on most of the time, 3 people plus luggage and a heavy right foot. So it could probably do a fair bit more than that if you try to save fuel. This is with Shell V-power.

Will have to see what I can get on the trip down to Ford Fair at the weekend, I'm hoping for at least 45 mpg.

#83 Phil 87

Phil 87

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Name: Phil

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

Thanks mate. Does cruise control help if you just set it at 70-80? I've heard anything over that drinks juice?

I'm not sure how much fuel it saves but it should at least save a little, just because you're not constantly slowing down and speeding up again. It's definitely worth having though, makes long journeys so much more relaxing. I'm not sure about the speed, I usually stick to 70 but you're always going to use a lot more fuel going 80 or 90, regardless of what car you're in.

#84 neil1jnr

neil1jnr

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:23 PM

I clicked on 20-30mpg by accident, my vote should be for 30-40mpg.

I average about 32-33mpg commuting 80 miles per day (I share a lift so really every second day) on North East Scotland A-roads. I won't sugar coat it, I like to abuse my car a fair bit, it's why i bought it.

It can see 45-46mpg though if I sit at circa 60.

My previous car, Leon FR CR TDI averaged 37-38mpg,  revo mapped to just under 200bhp and 300lbs ft. I consider myself lucky to commute back and forth on such great roads where very early morning and before 4PM on the return journey, traffic isn't much of an issue. I find most mpg quotes a joke to be honest, I ook at combined cycles and just know I'd get 8-10mpg less.

To be honest I couldn't give a monkeys about trying to get good mpg :D

#85 fiestalux

fiestalux

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Name: Rod
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost 100CV

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:14 AM

Yes I get about 37mpg average, (or 7.6l per 100km) for now in my ecoboost 1.0/100. For now most of that is city driving due to my commute plus a few longer more "smooth" journeys. However, on longer more free flowing journeys the efficiency varies substantially. For example I can only get about 55- 60mpg when doing extreme ecodriving and sitting at a constant speed of sadly around 70mph, which is way lower than the speed limit here. Once I hit the speed limit the consumption shoots up.

#86 lloydster82

lloydster82

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Name: Stewart
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec Ecoboost 1.0 100ps
  • Year: 2013

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:22 AM

Had my 1.0 100 ps ecoboost 9 months now. 6000 miles and mpg has crept up to 47 mpg according to the car. Car calculation seems to be 3 to 4 mpg higher than actual though when I recorded miles between fill ups to work out myself. 10 mile country road trip to work and back so no motorways but no tootling around town as such. Love the car though. Can't fault it. ;-)

#87 Pathfinder

Pathfinder

• FOC Supporters
  • 9 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium X (125 bhp)

Posted Yesterday, 05:47 PM

Bought the Fiesta Titanium X 1Ltr Ecoboost in May -  a real gem!!!!

First 1734 miles variety of driving modes mainly trying to be efficient) was averaging 37.9 mpg (to 17th July) and improving all the time.

Trip to Scotland 18th to 28th July did 1710 miles of which around 50/50 motorway and others. The total of 3444 returned mpg of 41.1.

However calculating just the Scotland trip gave me an mpg of 44.14. As half the trip miles had the cruise control on at 75ish this helped of course although driving the roads in the highlands meant a fair bit of up and down the gears.

Engine feels much smoother and at times you wonder if it is actually going! Think it is pretty well run in now but not really sure just how long it takes. I suppose it gets progressively better. Very comfortable driving the 1700 miles to and from Scotland.

#88 Ffoxy

Ffoxy

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Name: Keith
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 125 1.0 Zetec S Ecoboost
  • Year: 2013

Posted Yesterday, 06:43 PM

A very economical car will be very boring!

Buy a car with your heart, test drive will convince you!

42 mpg and I drive it how it's meant to be driven!

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fiesta, ecoboost, mpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users