Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

1989jeffrey1989

Rust Chip

12 posts in this topic

I have a little chip on the edge of my bonnet which looks to have gone correded and rusty, the car isn't even a year old yet should this be covered under warranty? I will get a picture posted when its light out also i need to get round too washing her (:

Doubtful because it's chipped.

As above, wouldn't be covered by warranty.

Hmm, cheers. any recomendations on stopping it from spreading getting worse?

Get some rust cure from Halfords or a motor factor then paint and lacquer on top.

In this weather wash before any of the above with clean soap free water and warm gently with hair dryer or hot air gun to remove as much moisture as posible.

This happened to me in exactly the some place I got some touch up paint from ford or eBay the ford touch up paint has a small wire brush in the top and comes with paint and lacquer worked a treat

Get some rust cure from Halfords or a motor factor then paint and lacquer on top.

In this weather wash before any of the above with clean soap free water and warm gently with hair dryer or hot air gun to remove as much moisture as posible.

Thanks dieselpig will have to do tht when i get the chance

This happened to me in exactly the some place I got some touch up paint from ford or eBay the ford touch up paint has a small wire brush in the top and comes with paint and lacquer worked a treat

I got a touch up pen but i fear my handling skills will make it look like tip-ex :P

I have started using a chip stick. So easy and much tidier looking than my painting skills.

I got a touch up pen but i fear my handling skills will make it look like tip-ex :P

Yeh I know what you mean took me a few attempts but its better than rust

Never heard of a chip stick might be worth a look especially if its easier

I think i've seen an advert on t.v for the chip stick, Will have to do some research when i get the chance and weigh up my options. Cheers for the help lads (:

You can buy the coloured Turtle Wax or Colour Wax from Halfords which comes with a free chip stick. Its only a wax crayon, but will stop it rusting.