Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stone Chip On Windscreen

Marcr1

I was driving down the motorway earlier and heard that unmistakable sound of a stone hitting the windscreen :(

Unfortunately there are two very small holes where the stone has chipped the glass. I'd say in between a pin head and biro pen tip size wise.

I was having a look at auto glass for a repair - £75 :o as I wouldn't want to claim on insurance for it.

But at the same time they are so small I'm tempted to just to leave it? What would you all say?

Same thing happened to me but after doing some research it seems they can't repair chips that small. Apparently the resin can't fill smaller chips or something.

In the end I just left mine.

That's what they quoted me when my focus's screen got chipped was told they were to small to be repaired so i left it thinking it will either get bigger or crack but it stayed chipped for the next 2 years never cracked or got any bigger and I traded the car in like it

Thanks all :) I'll probably just leave it then - keep an eye on it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club