Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre U/s But Wheel Ok

dah

Hi all Just got back from Scotland trip 1000 miles in a week 52 MPG on this trip hit a big pot hole !! very loud bang, gave car a wash with wet tyre could see bulge in front off side. This was the side of the hard impact have had it looked at and Tyre was U/S but the wheel was OK new type on later Titanium 16 Tdci. So the new wheels may be ok or have I been lucky ???? PS had to have tracking done as it was out £86.98p all in.Tyre was Hankook 195/45/16 so have had the same fitted as the tyres had 5mm all round.

Edited by Mark M.K
Removed swearing, please don't swear on FOC. That even means staring out the word :)

If you have been to get a new tyre they would have known if the wheel was past it, one the bead would have been bent and so the tyre wouldnt hold air, and then second when balancing the wheel it would have needed loads of weight opposite the dent or deformation if there was one, just keep your eye on the tyre pressure for a week to make sure its not leaking slowly.

Hi Nathan_M they checked the wheel before I had tyre fitted so all was well. PS Mark M.K. will not swear next time sorry.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club