Kuga X

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 48 posts
  • Name: Eamonn
  • Ford Model: Kuga Titanium X
  • Year: 2013

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Hi I am looking to buy a new car and the New Kuga is coming high on my list of potential cars,
I am looking for a car to use for my comute to work (so decent MPG would be nice, current car does about 25 MPG So anything more is good
I tow a caravan so need somthing capable of towing a medium sized caravan and have room for all our kit ( only 2 of us )
So i'm looking for advice to which model is best I love loads of kit on a car so i'm thinking the Titanium X with a few added options will probably be the car for me
does anyone here own a new Kuga and have any pointers to whats good /bad with them, it will be replacing a Peugeot 1007 (Daily Drive) and a Mitsibushi Pajero (Tow Car) also which is the better driver Manual or Auto s
orry for so many questions
Cheers Eamonn

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

Hi and welcome to the Forums , i'm sure a Kuga would be perfect for your needs

#3 Kuga X

Kuga X

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

Thanks Fella thats what i'm thinking, i've looked at most of the comeptition Antara, Captiva, Mazda?? VW but feel the ford is the most modern looking car and best value for money, I dont often buy new cars (hate the first years depreciation and VAT loss) but as not bought anything new since 2007 think its about time and you cant beat choosing the car you really want rather than settleing for whats available eh?
going to book a test drive this week just to make sure i like the drive then the wait , any idea how long build dates are? from order to delivery, i get impatient once i've ordered like most blokes want it yesterday lol

#4 Kuga Kev

Kuga Kev

KUGA KING

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Name: KEVIN
  • Ford Model: Ford Kuga Titanium X Sport
  • Year: 2014

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

I am getting my new Kuga tonight. :)

#5 Kuga X

Kuga X

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Nice Congrats cant wait to see photos looks like i'm going for the Frozen white too, i liked a couple of other colours but think they will age the car too much, bit like the really nice met blue ford used to do, whereas white is the new black eh?

can i ask why you opted for the Auto? i'm not sure which to go for at the moment, going to test drive a manual on sunday, but they dont have a auto to test :(  looking for help pros and cons man or auto?

#6 Kuga Kev

Kuga Kev

KUGA KING

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

I got it post some pictures soon. :rolleyes:

#7 Devils advocate

Devils advocate

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 79 posts
  • Name: Ray
  • Ford Model: Kuga

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

Right I have four pics not that interesting, to put up on here, but show the reg plate clearly, how do I stand on here, with the legalities of it? Ray

Right the pics, are here below.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#8 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,718 posts
  • Ford Model: 2011 Fiesta Titanium Auto
  • Year: 2011

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

Looks awesome Ray, especially in white.

Hows the Powershift?

And I can't seem to see the plate.... what have you done with it? (To be honest I don't think the standard front plate looks right on the new kugas, but it could be because I've looked at so many American versions, the Escape, and they have smaller neater plates on the front, if any at all). Damn our clumsy giant british plates!

#9 Kuga Kev

Kuga Kev

KUGA KING

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Here is a picture of my new 2013 Ford Kuga 2.0. Tdci (163) Titanium X Powershift Auto in Frozen White see signature for full spec.WP_000002 (2).jpg WP_000001.jpg WP_000003.jpg WP_000000 (2).jpg WP_000004.jpg :D

#10 Devils advocate

Devils advocate

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

How you liking yours? It looks really good.

#11 Devils advocate

Devils advocate

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

Paul please except my sincere apologies for not getting back to you. The powershift is the best I have ever driven, I drove all types of gear boxes, this is the best I known.

#12 Kuga Kev

Kuga Kev

KUGA KING

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

How you liking yours? It looks really good.

I love it it has a much better powershift then my old Mk1 and is a lot quiter and seam a more upmarket car then the Mk1 kuga. :)

#13 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,718 posts
  • Ford Model: 2011 Fiesta Titanium Auto
  • Year: 2011

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

Here is a picture of my new 2013 Ford Kuga 2.0. Tdci (163) Titanium X Powershift Auto in Frozen White see signature for full spec.attachicon.gifWP_000002 (2).jpgattachicon.gifWP_000001.jpgattachicon.gifWP_000003.jpgattachicon.gifWP_000000 (2).jpgattachicon.gifWP_000004.jpg :D

Very nice!

Paul please except my sincere apologies for not getting back to you. The powershift is the best I have ever driven, I drove all types of gear boxes, this is the best I known.

No worries - I only posted a few hours back.

I love it it has a much better powershift then my old Mk1 and is a lot quiter and seam a more upmarket car then the Mk1 kuga. :)

Nice to hear you's both speak higly of the Powershift - it should be quite an upgrade when I change from my little 4-speed gas gusler in the future lol

#14 Devils advocate

Devils advocate

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:11 AM

Right this the switch I've been on about, as you can see a good job, but, not in the sprit of all the other switches I think you'll agree.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

#15 Devils advocate

Devils advocate

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:26 AM

I have had Galaxies before so the seat height wont mean much to me, my job used to be truck driving anyways, so you up high, but the last car the wife had was a 03 fiesta, so it feels bigger cos it is.

The drive is well, you'll find out, it ant going to be challenging the very best, but it is a very good ride none the less, I'm sure you will be delighted with it. I think , never having driven one before, Kuga that is, it is very good at what it does, there's a guy on here from America who's got one, just had nine inches of snow where he is and it handled it with no problem, oh and the ice too, says it all. Ray

Paul if that's the pics of your car on the bottom of you post, then that's a good car in itself is it not. So the wait won't bother you that much I know.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users