Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Kuga

Kuga X

Hi I am looking to buy a new car and the New Kuga is coming high on my list of potential cars,

I am looking for a car to use for my comute to work (so decent MPG would be nice, current car does about 25 MPG So anything more is good

I tow a caravan so need somthing capable of towing a medium sized caravan and have room for all our kit ( only 2 of us )

So i'm looking for advice to which model is best I love loads of kit on a car so i'm thinking the Titanium X with a few added options will probably be the car for me

does anyone here own a new Kuga and have any pointers to whats good /bad with them, it will be replacing a Peugeot 1007 (Daily Drive) and a Mitsibushi Pajero (Tow Car) also which is the better driver Manual or Auto s

orry for so many questions

Cheers Eamonn

Hi and welcome to the Forums , i'm sure a Kuga would be perfect for your needs

Thanks Fella thats what i'm thinking, i've looked at most of the comeptition Antara, Captiva, Mazda?? VW but feel the ford is the most modern looking car and best value for money, I dont often buy new cars (hate the first years depreciation and VAT loss) but as not bought anything new since 2007 think its about time and you cant beat choosing the car you really want rather than settleing for whats available eh?

going to book a test drive this week just to make sure i like the drive then the wait , any idea how long build dates are? from order to delivery, i get impatient once i've ordered like most blokes want it yesterday lol

Nice Congrats cant wait to see photos looks like i'm going for the Frozen white too, i liked a couple of other colours but think they will age the car too much, bit like the really nice met blue ford used to do, whereas white is the new black eh?

can i ask why you opted for the Auto? i'm not sure which to go for at the moment, going to test drive a manual on sunday, but they dont have a auto to test :( looking for help pros and cons man or auto?

I got it post some pictures soon. :rolleyes:

Right I have four pics not that interesting, to put up on here, but show the reg plate clearly, how do I stand on here, with the legalities of it? Ray

Right the pics, are here below.

post-41149-0-21777000-1363514070_thumb.j

post-41149-0-19945800-1363514081_thumb.j

post-41149-0-65980000-1363514093_thumb.j

post-41149-0-00043300-1363514110_thumb.j

post-41149-0-91311200-1363514125_thumb.j

post-41149-0-46724500-1363514146_thumb.j

post-41149-0-41165500-1363514172_thumb.j

post-41149-0-60987800-1363514197_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

Looks awesome Ray, especially in white.

Hows the Powershift?

And I can't seem to see the plate.... what have you done with it? (To be honest I don't think the standard front plate looks right on the new kugas, but it could be because I've looked at so many American versions, the Escape, and they have smaller neater plates on the front, if any at all). Damn our clumsy giant british plates!

Here is a picture of my new 2013 Ford Kuga 2.0. Tdci (163) Titanium X Powershift Auto in Frozen White see signature for full spec.post-22041-0-73319900-1363811307_thumb.jpost-22041-0-51770300-1363811520_thumb.jpost-22041-0-73944000-1363811581_thumb.jpost-22041-0-26952200-1363811624_thumb.jpost-22041-0-19866300-1363811667_thumb.j :D

How you liking yours? It looks really good.

Paul please except my sincere apologies for not getting back to you. The powershift is the best I have ever driven, I drove all types of gear boxes, this is the best I known.

• Like 1

How you liking yours? It looks really good.

I love it it has a much better powershift then my old Mk1 and is a lot quiter and seam a more upmarket car then the Mk1 kuga. :)

Here is a picture of my new 2013 Ford Kuga 2.0. Tdci (163) Titanium X Powershift Auto in Frozen White see signature for full spec.attachicon.gifWP_000002 (2).jpgattachicon.gifWP_000001.jpgattachicon.gifWP_000003.jpgattachicon.gifWP_000000 (2).jpgattachicon.gifWP_000004.jpg :D

Very nice!

Paul please except my sincere apologies for not getting back to you. The powershift is the best I have ever driven, I drove all types of gear boxes, this is the best I known.

No worries - I only posted a few hours back.

I love it it has a much better powershift then my old Mk1 and is a lot quiter and seam a more upmarket car then the Mk1 kuga. :)

Nice to hear you's both speak higly of the Powershift - it should be quite an upgrade when I change from my little 4-speed gas gusler in the future lol

Right this the switch I've been on about, as you can see a good job, but, not in the sprit of all the other switches I think you'll agree.

post-41149-0-08050100-1363849208_thumb.j

I have had Galaxies before so the seat height wont mean much to me, my job used to be truck driving anyways, so you up high, but the last car the wife had was a 03 fiesta, so it feels bigger cos it is.

The drive is well, you'll find out, it ant going to be challenging the very best, but it is a very good ride none the less, I'm sure you will be delighted with it. I think , never having driven one before, Kuga that is, it is very good at what it does, there's a guy on here from America who's got one, just had nine inches of snow where he is and it handled it with no problem, oh and the ice too, says it all. Ray

Paul if that's the pics of your car on the bottom of you post, then that's a good car in itself is it not. So the wait won't bother you that much I know.

Kevin we are so very close in where we live my old china, me being Purfleet.

Yes purfleet is not to far from me. :)

• 3 months later...

Hi again People, Well i ordered my Kuga back on the 3rd March with a delivery of 30th May, and I waited... and waited.... and waited... got given 4 different build dates and subsequent delivery dates and finally have been given the Vin number and confirmation it's built, just waiting for delivery now if it wasn't for people telling me how good the car is i think i'd have canceled my order, are ford really always this bad at builds and customer service?..

car should be here for the first week in august so i can start to enjoy being a ford owner ..

I would been off by now, even if they said to me, we give you £1000 back for all the delays. You truly a better man then I, for sure.

It is a nice car, but ford and the dealers are some of the worse for customer service, but we forgive them because they seem to bumble though, and a little sad.

It would feel as though you would be kicking them as they were downthat's all I can think of, had this for years with different dealers. Sorry Eamon, but hat the truth, you do get some good ones I'm sure, just never came across then as yet....£ 20,000 odd pounds and treat us like this

• Like 1

Hi Ray...with the extras i added it's nearer £30 but although i seriously considered canceling the order and going elsewhere, but the competition where giving me long delivery dates too non could get me a quicker build unless i took a stock car with extras that were on them, and there were things i wanted which were either not available on the other cars or not in the colour I wanted, so i bit my lip, emailed the CEO telling him how the company stance on customer service sucks got a reply but still took ages for the car to be built...

but finally got the vin number and it looks like all the right boxes have been ticked so i am looking forward to it arriving although not as much as when i first ordered it, i'm just hoping all the bells and whistles will make the ownership happy.. but as you say the dealers bumble through and i sure as hell wont be having any dealer stickers or advertising on the number plates,and wont be recommending them to friends or family, they have asked if i want to wait till 1st September to get the new reg number, but after this long, (should have been delivered 30th May) and the fact that we're away end of August and need it to tow the caravan, means i'll get a 13 plate, not an issue as i'll be putting a cherished number on it soon, when I've decided which one to put on it or if to buy another ;)

on a more positive note hopefully... How are you enjoying yours? anything i need to look out for on delivery ;) missing trim knocks or rattles ? best to go armed lol.

Eamonn

As I say, it is a lovely motor, the build quality is very good. My only gripe I have is with Ford, and all the motor car companies, they lie so much about MPG they told me, I'll get 40+ the car computer is stacked as well, it tell you 38.9 to the gallon the truth is more near 30 MPG so.

I went to Bristol last weekend, I got a softbox to put the cases in, that did not help, the mileage, but the car itself was great. I can't wait for some really bad the vids I've seen on YouTube, going through the snow and ice, looked good, so all in all, it good in all conditionds... Your love it, you really will, you'll have very little to complain about if anything.;)

how many miles have you put on it? My wife gets a new car every six months and we've noticed the MPG especially on diesels improve when they have between 6 and 10 k miles, just when she trades them in for a new one lol.. although she managed to let them have a Mk 1 Kuga which they are selling, so I've been running round in a Kuga if not a new one and to be honest its quite good on fuel has about 30 k on the clock and gets about 38 to the gallon if driven sensibly but it is the 2WD version did a trip down to esher last month when i left it had 3/4 of a tank and the fuel light still wasn't on when i got home did about 390 miles mixture of a roads motorway and traffic jams lol and averaged 36 mpg which was quite good, i wasn't hanging about on the motorways and did a fair bit of stop start in London during the week, reckon at 55 and no city driving it would have hit the 40+ mpg so i'd say give it time and the MPG will probably increase, Most manufactures wont even check MPGs till theres at least 3k on the clock, more with dervs :)

Yeah they told me about thousand miles well I done over four thousand. But the trouble is, the cars they say get this mileage are stripped down, alternator taken off, dare connect the A/C the would shoot you. So not real world stuff. Just down right taking the wee wee. Eamon

• 2 months later...