Devils advocate

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 78 posts
  • Name: Ray
  • Ford Model: Kuga
  • Year: 2013

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:38 AM

Kevin we are so very close in where we live my old china, me being Purfleet.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Kuga Kev

Kuga Kev

KUGA KING

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Name: KEVIN
  • Ford Model: Ford Kuga Titanium X

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Yes purfleet is not to far from me. :)

#18 Devils advocate

Devils advocate

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:49 AM

And both Kuga owners too. Lol

#19 Kuga X

Kuga X

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 47 posts
  • Name: Eamonn
  • Ford Model: Kuga Titanium X

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:30 PM

Hi again People, Well i ordered my Kuga back on the 3rd March with a delivery of 30th May, and I waited... and waited.... and waited... got given 4 different build dates and subsequent delivery dates and finally have been given the Vin number and confirmation it's built, just waiting for delivery now if it wasn't for people telling me how good the car is i think i'd have canceled my order, are ford really always this bad at builds and customer service?.. 

car should be here for the first week in august so i can start to enjoy being a ford owner ..

#20 Devils advocate

Devils advocate

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

I would been off by now, even if they said to me, we give you £1000 back for all the delays. You truly a better man then I, for sure.
It is a nice car, but ford and the dealers are some of the worse for customer service, but we forgive them because they seem to bumble though, and a little sad.
It would feel as though you would be kicking them as they were downthat's all I can think of, had this for years with different dealers. Sorry Eamon, but hat the truth, you do get some good ones I'm sure, just never came across then as yet....£ 20,000 odd pounds and treat us like this

#21 Kuga X

Kuga X

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:20 PM

Hi Ray...with the extras i added it's nearer £30 but although i seriously considered canceling the order and going elsewhere, but the competition where giving me long delivery dates too non could get me a quicker build unless i took a stock car with extras that were on them, and there were things i wanted which were either not available on the other cars or not in the colour I wanted, so i bit my lip, emailed the CEO telling him how the company stance on customer service sucks got a reply but still took ages for the car to be built...

but finally got the vin number and it looks like all the right boxes have been ticked so i am looking forward to it arriving although not as much as when i first ordered it, i'm just hoping all the bells and whistles will make the ownership happy.. but as you say the dealers bumble through and i sure as hell wont be having any dealer stickers or advertising on the number plates,and wont be recommending them to friends or family, they have asked if i want to wait till 1st September to get the new reg number, but after this long, (should have been delivered 30th May) and the fact that we're away end of August and need it to tow the caravan, means i'll get a 13 plate, not an issue as i'll be putting a cherished number on it soon, when I've decided which one to put on it or if to buy another  ;) 

on a more positive note hopefully... How are you enjoying yours?  anything i need to look out for on delivery ;) missing trim knocks or rattles ? best to go armed  lol.

Eamonn

#22 Devils advocate

Devils advocate

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

As I say, it is a lovely motor, the build quality is very good. My only gripe I have is with Ford, and all the motor car companies, they lie so much about MPG they told me, I'll get 40+ the car computer is stacked as well, it tell you 38.9 to the gallon the truth is more near 30 MPG so.
I went to Bristol last weekend, I got a softbox to put the cases in, that did not help, the mileage, but the car itself was great. I can't wait for some really bad the vids I've seen on YouTube, going through the snow and ice, looked good, so all in all, it good in all conditionds... Your love it, you really will, you'll have very little to complain about if anything.;)

#23 Kuga X

Kuga X

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:16 PM

how many miles have you put on it? My wife gets a new car every six months and we've noticed the MPG especially on diesels improve when they have between 6 and 10 k miles, just when she trades them in for a new one lol.. although she managed to let them have a Mk 1 Kuga which they are selling,   so I've been running round in a Kuga if not a new one and to be honest its quite good on fuel has about 30 k on the clock and gets about 38 to the gallon if driven sensibly but it is the 2WD version did a trip down to esher last month when i left it had 3/4 of a tank and the fuel light still wasn't on when i got home did about 390 miles mixture of a roads motorway and traffic jams lol and averaged 36 mpg which was quite good, i wasn't hanging about on the motorways and did a fair bit of stop start in London during the week, reckon at 55 and no city driving it would have hit the 40+ mpg so i'd say give it time and the MPG will probably increase, Most manufactures wont even check MPGs till theres at least 3k on the clock, more with dervs :) 

#24 Devils advocate

Devils advocate

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

Yeah they told me about thousand miles well I done over four thousand. But the trouble is, the cars they say get this mileage are stripped down, alternator taken off, dare connect the A/C the would shoot you. So not real world stuff. Just down right taking the wee wee. Eamon

#25 chaznik

chaznik

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 TDCI ('59)

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

I can average over 40 driving sedately

#26 Devils advocate

Devils advocate

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

Well, it must be my hoist and electric chair in all the time. Cos your figures are my dreams. I get at best about 37 mpg. I use speed limiter so 30 mph around town and max I drive on motorways is 60 mph mines an auto as well, but it is six gears. Hay ho I suppose. Still love it. Still smile when I see it some seven months later.

I hope to see just a bit of snow this year even a two day thing just to see how it handles. Brings the kid out in me.

#27 Kuga X

Kuga X

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

wow Ray mine now has 2500 miles on and its now approaching average of 38 MPG and thats a mix of city and good runs, and towing the caravan it does dip a bit then but still not bad, thinking of having a re-chip soon stories of even better MPG and power.

good to hear you still love it, I really enjoy driving ours get a smile every time i drive it, and done a few Mods already all cosmetic but i like em..

whoskug_001.jpg

wh05kug002.jpg

steering_wheel.jpg

wheel_after.jpg

Rear_Passenger.jpg

doors.jpg

clean_kuga_small.jpg

#28 Devils advocate

Devils advocate

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

Omg what a great number plate WH05 being a west ham supporter. Yours was well worth the wait. But it's all true all these months on I still smile when I get in it. And you I bet yours too, maybe not as much now, you know how all the toys work but it still good motor.

#29 Kuga X

Kuga X

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

Thanks Ray, yea i kept humming and arring on whether i should buy it or not, and when i tried it was sold, my wife had bought it for me as i couldn't make my mind up lol, great surprise and looks great on the car. think I've mastered all the bells and whistles now only thing I've not tried is the auto stop bit, i bottle every time and hit the brake lol but i'm sure it does work :) 

starting to see a few more about now, did you ever manage to get on the Kuga owners club forum? quite busy with loads of Kuga people, this site is good but not many Kuga owners here .

#30 Devils advocate

Devils advocate

Settling In Well

• FOC Supporters
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

Yeah I'm on it but like this one, it's hardly any real talk about the motors, just this that and other things. Your a very lucky man if your wife bought you such a wonderful thing. I get a 99p Burger King nugget thingy from mine.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users