Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Here, Need Some Input On Retrofittings

neps

No need for me to ask them the same question then, please post the answer here when you get it.

Nice btw to have someone doing the same. If any of us run into trouble we can always ask eachother for help ;).

I am also in the process of doing it, but after finding out my module is of an earlier type I'm not sure what loom to get now :-/

Hell Bunny

Do you have information for me which loom to use on a post 2010 Fiesta? Do you have a part or FINIS number? I'm collecting all the numbers but i'm nowhere complete.

Perhaps i could buy the loom from you if you want to sell it and it is the right one for me.

Hell Bunny

Do you have information for me which loom to use on a post 2010 Fiesta? Do you have a part or FINIS number? I'm collecting all the numbers but i'm nowhere complete.

Perhaps i could buy the loom from you if you want to sell it and it is the right one for me.

I haven't yet bought a loom as I just found out my module is of an earlier type and I have to get some info on the one I need, the part number you need is in a picture on an earlier post though B) ;)

Ok, so let me get this straight. There is different looms to different modules also???

I thought you could get any of the 8M5T-19C112 modules, and that the looms was the same (except for the part that plugs into the radio wich obviously differs pre/post 2010)

So the loom FINIS number for post 2010 Fiesta's is 1710952?

Neps: As far as I know the loom connectors are the same to the BT module and the mic. Only the radio differs. As far as the GEM module i'm not sure. Can we use any GEM with this loom. Does every GEM have a socket for this loom? Does anyone have a picture where to plug it in?

By the way i'm still learning so perhaps iNath will know for sure.

Looking at the module I have, and the module image Nath has posted, there seem to be two types of loom as my module has a different type of USB connector to the one Nath has posted an image of.

My module also seems to have as slight difference in the main plug socket so that cable may also be different.

I do know the connectors that attach to the stereo changed at some point in 2010 but seeing as the used 12-button stereo I have bought and fitted fits all my current cabling all I need is the same type of loom that I have but with the extra wires for the module, mic and USB cable, I just need to find the FINIS code for this one now.

This is seems like a chaos for me. I dont think I will get a grasp on this before i have all the parts and can see what plug goes where.

The BT modules have different usb ports, but that is just for the cable going to the usb port in front of the handbrake right?

And the GEM module, is that even involved? I thought the BT module was just a "extension" to the radio. But when thinking about it again, and the fact that it needs to be coded with IDS, then it makes kinda sense that the GEM is involved.

Have the two parrot harnesses ready on order if I end up buying the "wrong" 2010 stereo.

Also bought the BT module now. Got the 8M5T-19C112-AR, Not sure what year it is, or wich looms, but that i can worry about later :)

This is seems like a chaos for me. I dont think I will get a grasp on this before i have all the parts and can see what plug goes where.

The BT modules have different usb ports, but that is just for the cable going to the usb port in front of the handbrake right?

And the GEM module, is that even involved? I thought the BT module was just a "extension" to the radio. But when thinking about it again, and the fact that it needs to be coded with IDS, then it makes kinda sense that the GEM is involved.

Have the two parrot harnesses ready on order if I end up buying the "wrong" 2010 stereo.

Also bought the BT module now. Got the 8M5T-19C112-AR, Not sure what year it is, or wich looms, but that i can worry about later :)

Don't worry about this melting your brain, I've been trying to do this for the better part of a year on and off!

The GEM is irrelevent nothing has to plug into it. The ids updates the stored values for what is wired in the car.

I can only talk about what i got which was for a car pre 2010.

The main loom had the big connector for the loom and a plug which went up to the control panel. My unit had two sockets on the back one of which was replaced, i left the replaced one disconnected. I think there were two other connectors on the loom, one going to the a piller into which the wiring to the mic connects, i cant remember if there was another and where it went. I think there were two separate cables which went from the bluetooth module to the centre console usb socket

Thats more like how I also imagined it would be. Well i guess theres just 4-5 days with the shipping and Ill get my firsthand experience on this, My headuunit should have 2 connectors on it as well, beeing a 2009.

Neps where didnyou buy the BT module?

Sorry for hijacking your topic with some off topic pics. I just didn't want to create a new topic for it. Perhaps you are interested in making these extra retrofits as well :D

Is this indeed the location of the ambient temp sensor?

25z3s4w.jpg

344y54h.jpg

esjdok.jpg

Is this the correct fusebox for the powerfolding mirrors? Can I order the plastic mirror things now for mounting it? ( I reuse the painted covers and glass)

2isun1s.jpg

Ok, so my 2010 headunit got dispatched today. They did obviously not care about the messages I sent them, both on eBay and regular e-mail.

But as far as i can tell, the CD-player/headunit is the same? Its just the controlpanel where the buttons are, and the display that I need to change. Can anyone confirm this?

If thats true, then i can keep my old cdplayer, and just swap the controlpanel and display. With no need to make my own adaptio harness from 2009connectors to 2010 connector

CD players are the same to all the models. I'm sure you need different plugs for the module, the display i'm not sure.

Does anyone know if this is the only difference between pre and post 2010 models? Can I (2011) use the BT module, mic etc from a 2009 Fiesta?

The module comes later, I dont even know wich year that one comes from :)

Will be a puzzle to get this together. The harness is the cheap part here, would be sad If i need to buy another BT module or headunit.

On the bright side, we both need the different parts so if any of us buys the wrong bits we can exchange them ;)

Sure, but still. Shipping back and forth across Europe :)

I popped off my plasticcover above the display this weekend. Looked like im not the first behind that cover. The screws to the stereo had alots of marks from tools.

Can I (2011) use the BT module, mic etc from a 2009 Fiesta?

Should work fine :)

Ok, so I managed to swap the headunit, and they are sending me one from a 2009. Meanwhile I had allready orderet the two harnesses required to adapt a 2010 style connector to the two 2009 styles.. Oh well, Im not patient enough :)

The BT module is also dispatched now.

Now, the harness loom to the BT module, in the part list from iNath, its called:

"1710952 (1633151) - Fiesta 2010-Wiring BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect "

Does this mean this is for 2010 models only?

I would love to have a simple sketch to see where theese harness connects to. I know it goes from BT module to Mic, and to USB port. But the rest? Does it replace one of the plugs going to the head unit?

Which eBay shop are you buying from? The only BT unit seller I found wants 160 GBP for it, 173 euros. The dealer asks 385 euro. Still a LOT of money for a scrap part. The biggest Dutch Ford scrapper told me they threw them away!

If anyone has one for sale or knows where to find them for less please tell me!

@neps

The loom in your quote, is that the loom with the mic, BT to radio?

My dealer cannot find the mini USB to USB wire, could anyone post the FINIS number for it? I mean the wire from the BT module to the USB port near the handbrake.

I'm going back to my dealer tomorrow to talk to the chief workshop about the operation but they were positive. If they don't want to do it I have another dealer who is willing on an hours' drive. Of course I prefer my "own" dealer.

So far I have this collected:

-temp sensor (74 euro, dealer, still waiting on answer from scrapper)

-deluxe screen

-radio module

-left stalk

(all toghether for 250 euros, is that expensive?)

The cable to the usb port is included in the loom that I posted above. It is a separate cable, but its taped together.

I bought the module from eBay, got it for £150 or something. Ford wanted £600. It was this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Bluetooth-Voice-Module-with-USB-8M5T-19C112-AR-for-Ford-Cars-/321082890491?ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:GB:3160

My local scrapyards also throw theese away, they press the cars flat with them still inside. I asked if I could come over to remove the modules and buy them,

but no..

Found out that the BT module is "year-independant" :)

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/8576-adding-usb-to-a-mk7-with-bluetooth/page-20#entry205475

Where did you buy the cable and how much was it?

Where did you buy the cable and how much was it?

I have not bought it yet.

My local Ford dealer is asking £50 for it. It needs to be special ordered from Germany, wich means no return if its the wrong loom. So im not gonna order this untill i have all the other parts, and can verufy that it will fit.

Ok this wire is used with BT modules with AN and upwards and 2010 and later radios.

The FINIS number is 1710952

Is this right?

The extensions (mentioned in the parts list above) are reference to an old wiring loom which needed 2 cables for the USB, if you buy the newer module above you do not need to worry about them.
The entire loom (from module to stereo, and mic) looks like this:
loom1.jpg
It usually includes the USB cable as well but not in my photo as I cut it off to use for a customer. In the UK that entire loom costs around £53 brand new from Ford.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club