Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Bulb Lists

DanGersFord

Sorry for necroing a thread to add some info. 

Was checking the bulbs last night on my, the rear cluster is the OEM Ford LED lights and the two bulbs are different from the standard Mk 3.5 light cluster. They are P27/7W for brakes and PY27/7W for the indicators Reverse bulbs remain the same.

Was going to replace the P27/7W bulbs with Osram LED (Red) for my next project especially people don't pay attention to brake lights round here but trying to find PY27 chrome bulbs is challenging.

• 3 months later...

So I what to upgrade my H7 headlights to LED's so got the LEDs with the error free link up for them work totally fine no errors but as soon as the engine is turned on the lights go off after a few seconds, can anyone help what am I missing ?? or is there a kit especially for the mk3 ??

• 5 months later...

Has anyone got a list for a Mk3.5 Estate, Titanium X which has the LED taillights? I can't believe that it'd be a 21/5w bulb for the brakes as it's only a brake light with separate LED tail, not a combined brake/tail.

To be honest, I'm being lazy about taking off the rear clusters just to check what bulbs are actually in there.

In response to my above post, I looked through the lens yesterday and it is in fact still a 21/5w bulb, it just never uses the sidelight part of the bulb! Crazy.

2 minutes ago, karlbbb said:

In response to my above post, I looked through the lens yesterday and it is in fact still a 21/5w bulb, it just never uses the sidelight part of the bulb! Crazy.

Not crazy if you're bulk buying!  Cheaper to stick dual filament in everything instead of buying ~10% single filament for the higher spec models. :smile: 

• 2 months later...

Has anyone changed the ceiling lights in the interior of focus mk4?

I want to open and change them but I don't know at all how this opens.

2 hours ago, antstyl said:

Has anyone changed the ceiling lights in the interior of focus mk4?

I want to open and change them but I don't know at all how this opens.

Intrigued to know why would you want to change them ? They're LED'S anyway.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Anyone know what the footwell lightbulb is in a focus mk3.5 st3? The supplied ones are really dim. 

20200722_215609.jpg

20200722_215617.jpg

20200722_215622.jpg

• 6 months later...

Hi guys I have a Ford focus 1500 diesel titanium 67 plate (2017) it has led dipped I've been searching for one that compatible HRD  with a litt fan at th back has anyone got any idea which one I need. 

Thanks 

• 7 months later...

I replaced the front fogs on my 2018 mk4 for those super white bulbs. She's due the first MOT in a couple of weeks will these be a fail? I kept the old bulbs as spares. 

So long as you have replaced "like" for "like" Halogen for Halogen then there will be no problem about the colour unless it is more blue than white. I have fitted many of the super white bulbs (look blue when switched off) and they do not cause any problems at MOT time.

• 3 weeks later...

Got these today from Autobeam.co.uk. Really good quality and bright too!

• 10 months later...

Does any model of Focus use 21w/4w Brake / Tail light bulbs?

These are not the same as the common 21w/5w bulbs. The 21/5w type won't fit as the pins are aligned differently. These bulbs are clear, and not the red type that the Mk 2.5 Focus used.

Apparently some newer Mondeos use them, and they can be more difficult to find as not many places stock them.

19 hours ago, unofix said:

Amazon

Of course they can be ordered if need be, but are not common in shops.

They are also never included in the generic spare kits.

I don't understand what advantage this obscure bulb type has over the 21/5w.

Typically 21/5W are commonly referred to as 'Stop & Tail'

The 21/4W (Type 566) were initially designed to be used as 'Fog & Tail' and are for vehicles that use a combined rear fog and tail light.

2 hours ago, AntonovAN12 said:

They are also never included in the generic spare kits.

Given that there are over 100 different lamps in common use on vehicles, I expect that a generic spare kit would be lucky to cover 50% of any cars lamps.

2 hours ago, AntonovAN12 said:

Of course they can be ordered if need be, but are not common in shops.

Standard stock item in both Halfords and Euro Car Parts to name two. Not a common item in Poundland or Aldi.

In my opinion, a good thing about the Mk2 pre-facelift Focus is that all the bulbs are very common standard types.

The kits they sell in Tesco cover most of them, apart from the orange indicator ones. The orange paint usually peels off them long before they burn out anyway. In all my time driving, I have only ever had one actually fail that I can remember.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Merhabalar 2012 Focus 3 araç lamba arızalarında gösterge ekranından ikaz veriyor fakat arka stop lambası arızasında ikaz vermiyor sebebi ne olabilir?

• 8 months later...

Well, I've just read all 11 pages of this thread (it was a quiet evening!), and can find no mention at all of the bulbs that are fitted to the high level brake light cluster on a Mk2. There are 5 x bulbs in it, and I'd like to upgrade them to LEDs. The space inside the cluster is fairly cramped so the LEDs would need to be pretty much the same physical size as standard. What bulbs should I be looking for?

highlevelbrake.thumb.jpg.bd933306ca2b4b4fdb83a76f435b42b1.jpg

59 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

and can find no mention at all of the bulbs that are fitted to the high level brake light cluster on a Mk2.

Ford owners handbook page 124

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/CG3321enRHD072004.pdf

bulb.JPG

T10.JPG

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2023 at 11:16 PM, unofix said:

Perfect reference - bulbs all now changed to LED, photo was a 'during' swap over LOL (I tested after every single bulb, and the ones I got were 'non polarity' so dead easy to fit)

LEDbrakelight.thumb.jpg.6101ebba77a164e79e5d17d37f68a860.jpg

• Like 1

Does anyone else think that the old style orange indicator lenses were easier to see in bright sunlight?

Some modern headlights have so much reflective chrome that even LED indicators can be difficult to see in sunlight.

I think that the standard clear side repeaters with orange bulbs fitted to the Mk2 are not very effective in daylight.