Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Bulb Lists

DanGersFord

The silver vision are exact same brightness wise except that they've got a silver coating so they're nearly invisible when they arent in use but still flash Amber when used. If you've got a canbus system you will need to pay for the canbus bulbs unfortunately

Just some info guys.

Bought a kit off eBay for 2008> focus and the supplied H8 fog lamp is incorrect.

Went to install it this morning and all other bulbs supplied were correct (sidelights, H7 and H1) but my fogs are H11.

Just thought I would share this....

Mike.

• Like 1

worth contacting the seller and letting them know! they may send you a replacement bulb!

Will do jeebo.

Helps for other buyers too if they correct the item....

I have been in touch with the seller on e-bay and he has offered to exchange the H8's for a pair of H11's instead.

Happy days.... :)

You cant half see the difference, even in daylight between the new pure white light from the dipped beam etc conpared to the stock "yellow" light the fogs give off! WOW

They are much nicer to look at!

Feel free to post a link to the purchase you made!

Just a link to the particular lights I bought from e-bay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330853551948?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

You choose from a list of make and models as normal.

Quite cheap but longevity is obviously yet to be seen.

Having said that, I purchased some "nightbreakers" for my previous car and they lasted all of 3 months!

• 1 month later...

Hi will halogen bulbs fit the titanium x Bi-xenon headlight I think I ordered those instead of xenon bulbs by mistake.

Colin

Hi will halogen bulbs fit the titanium x Bi-xenon headlight I think I ordered those instead of xenon bulbs by mistake.

Colin

Hi Colin if you have Xenon headlights then at least the dipped beam will be an OEM xenon bulb. I think it may be a D3S bulb on the MK3 Focus? Perhaps someone else could confirm?

It's a d8s bulb on the mk3 focus and there's only.one bulb in the market for it I believe and that's osram that make it. Halogen bulbs are no good for bixenon headlights unfortunately the lens pattern is completely different plus the bulb simply won't fit

Updated FORD FOCUS MK2 FACELIFT (MK2.5) 2008 onwards.

Note: bulbs have offset pins.

Dipped Beam - 499 (H7)

Main Beam - 448 (H1)

Front Fog - 708 (H8) H11

Sidelight - 501 Capless

Front Indicator - 382 Single Contact BAU15S or 581 Amber/Yellow

Rear Indicator - 581 Indicator Bulb BAU15S or 581 Amber/Yellow

Rear Brake Light - 780 Red BAY15D or 380 Red

Rear Back Light - 780 Red BAY15D or 380 Red

Rear Fog Light - 382 Single Contact BAU15S or 581 Red

Reverse Light - 382 Single Contact BAU15S or 581 White/Clear

Number Plate Light - 501 Capless 256 Festoon (longer festoon bulb)

Interior Light - 501 Capless Map lights / Festoon centre bulb.

• Like 2

It's a d8s bulb on the mk3 focus and there's only.one bulb in the market for it I believe and that's osram that make it. Halogen bulbs are no good for bixenon headlights unfortunately the lens pattern is completely different plus the bulb simply won't fit

So thats the main beam the dipped beam is a H7?

Thanks for your help

So thats the main beam the dipped beam is a H7?

Thanks for your help

or vis versa I am so mixed up with main and dipped beam lol

Dipped beam is your normal headlight that you drive with at night ie two clicks round on the headlight switch. Main beam is otherwise known as full beam and is what you would use when flashing your lights etc or on dark country roads.

Dipped beam is your normal headlight that you drive with at night ie two clicks round on the headlight switch. Main beam is otherwise known as full beam and is what you would use when flashing your lights etc or on dark country roads.

Got ya now D8S is the dipped beam and full beam is a H7.

Other confusing thing is the dipped beam bulb D8S also has a full beam as well!!1

So ther are 2 full beams when switched to full?

sorry for being so thick!!!!!

The d8s is the dipped beam bulb and main beam bulb in one. I don't know where the h7's come from as far as I'm aware it's only normal focus headlights that use the h7 bulb. On your bixenon lights theres the d8s bulb, an indicator, your LED strip and another bulb that only comes on when you're turning a corner to light up the kerb

The d8s is the dipped beam bulb and main beam bulb in one. I don't know where the h7's come from as far as I'm aware it's only normal focus headlights that use the h7 bulb. On your bixenon lights theres the d8s bulb, an indicator, your LED strip and another bulb that only comes on when you're turning a corner to light up the kerb

Thanks for great reply

I will check again but I have a D8s then h7 then the corner light in a row then the indicator under that and drl above.

Colin

RIGHT GOT iT NOW AFTER CHECKING BI-XENON HEADLIGHT bulbs

DIPPED BEAM D3S

MAIN BEAM H7

CORNER BEAM H1

INDICATOR W21 SINGLE CONTACT ORANGE

Thanks for all your help

Colin

Hmm it must be different on the titanium and the st the because it's definately d8s bulbs on the ST bixenon headlights

• 3 weeks later...

Updated FORD FOCUS MK2 FACELIFT (MK2.5) 2008 onwards.

Note: Bulbs have offset pins.

Dipped Beam - 499 (H7)

Main Beam - 448 (H1)

Front Fog - 708 (H8) H11

Sidelight - 501 Capless

Front Indicator - 382 Single Contact BAU15S or 581 Amber/Yellow

Rear Indicator - 581 Indicator Bulb BAU15S or 581 Amber/Yellow

Rear Brake Light - 780 Red BAY15D or 380 Red

Rear Back Light - 780 Red BAY15D or 380 Red

Rear Fog Light - 382 Single Contact BAU15S or 581 Red

Reverse Light - 382 Single Contact BAU15S or 581 White/Clear

Number Plate Light - 501 Capless 256 Festoon (longer festoon bulb)

Interior Light - 501 Capless Map lights / Festoon centre bulb.

Just to add after making the mistake myself..

The interior festoon bulb is a 239. Ordered the wrong size for my led conversion. Also made the mistake of thinking the rear dome light would be a festoon, it's the same as the 501's throughout the rest of the car.

As for the number plate bulbs, mine are 501's rather than festoon bulbs. Seems this can vary so i would check you specific car before buying. Could it be that the chrome boot strip uses 501's and the painted one is festoons?

Luke

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Anybody want to do a stickie as to what LED Bulbs can be put into 2012> Ford Focus

and where they can be put, and with what types that wont give canbus errors ??

to get rid of normal filament bulbs !!

to be honest, you just search the bulb you want and search LED :) unless your car comes as standard with CANBUS then you wont be affected. You cant use LED Indicators, as they will flash like they have blown, so you would need to manually add resistors into the circuit.

Otherwise, if you need a 501W, then search for 501W LED, or if its a 42mm Festoon bulb, stick the LED on the end. Thats how I found all my LED's and can confirm that all are MOT passers :D