Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Bulb Lists

DanGersFord

14 minutes ago, crossie2709 said:

Its only 1 screw n 2 clips

I just looked at a tutorial on YouTube seems easy enough

• Like 1

That was a lot easier than I thought it would be, my last car I needed hands the same size as a child to get in and change the bulbs.

what bulbs can anyone recommend for the side lights?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, is the list correct? Its says MK2 fog is H8, in other places I have saw H11. Can anyone confirm winch one is it?
Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/02/2017 at 7:46 PM, crossie2709 said:

Yea they are straight fit5601407984c4b69ebef5ffcc22c97b02.jpg

994f3ad9c9eacb7362b7a20bb21db098.jpg

Are your Brake and Tail lights led. if so, what do you recommend

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/03/2017 at 8:49 AM, jjmaia said:

Hi All, is the list correct? Its says MK2 fog is H8, in other places I have saw H11. Can anyone confirm winch one is it?
Thank you.

Me too, I purchased H8 like it said in the list but the ones I removed were different, and also said H11 on them.

44 minutes ago, Jezza54 said:

Mk2 fogs are H11 according to powerbulbs

You can get H8's to fit if you've already purchased them like I did.

• Like 1

Hi guys

newbie here

is there any benefit (apart from being a little brighter and colour slightly different) to replacing all possible legal lamps to LEDS?

how much more efficient will they be on the overal power consumption? Are error free bulbs fitted with some sort of resistor?

The currents drawn by standard LEDs (rather than CANBUS friendly ones - of which more later) are tiny.  Take a 20W Incandescent, the equivalent LED will be 3W.  Using Ohm's law, (Power =Voltagexcurrent) your 20w will draw 1.7 Amps, the LED will draw 0.25 A.  I use LED's extensively on the boat for all lighting, and have saved my batteries enormously (current draw with normal lighting on is about 1A as opposed to 6A with incandescents).  When you are not running charging of any sort, these numbers are very important.

Canbus friendly bulbs are different, the insertion of the resistor has to effectively mimic the draw of an incandescent, so what you save on the LED, you waste in the resistor....

exactly so defeats the object of it.... for power saving... 

my car is a 2009 mk2.5? titanium 1.6 petrol how do i find out if my lamps are drawn directly from standard wiring or are used in canbus?

have a feeling my main lights are

• 3 months later...

I got a pair of FREE 501 capless LED's with some other bulbs and have stuck them in my sidelights. I doubt they are error free so will let you know how I get on. Read this thread and can see nothing concrete only people asking.So far no errors on the dash and I will scan it in few weeks when I change a few more. Also just ordered 10 LED 501's from China for 99p so will let you know what else I can swap out. Footwell lights straight away I suspect as they get really hot.:sad:

• 1 month later...

Has anyone got a link to a decent set of bulbs for the MK3 interior boot?

I've looked on eBay and there’s a lot of cheap and cheerful bulbs but I want something that’s brighter than the current poor showing but will also last more than a week! 

Ta. 

• 1 month later...

What indicator bulbs would i need to replace the incandescents in the headlights.

Jamie

Is a non functioning reversing light an MOT failure? I need to buy a new bulb and hope that's all it is.

6 hours ago, Stevesixty7 said:

Is a non functioning reversing light an MOT failure? I need to buy a new bulb and hope that's all it is.

Change it  anyway if you think its that, as other drivers don't want to guess what you may or not be doing regardless of if its an MOT failure or not

13 hours ago, Gizza11 said:

Change it  anyway if you think its that, as other drivers don't want to guess what you may or not be doing regardless of if its an MOT failure or not

I did that today. The lens was full of water too. The bulb filament was intact, but the rear of the bulb was badly corroded, so bought a new bulb. Light still not working, so then checked which fuse looks after it and that looks good too, although I might get another just to be sure. Other than that I am stumped, all other electrics, lights work just fine.

3 hours ago, Stevesixty7 said:

I did that today. The lens was full of water too. The bulb filament was intact, but the rear of the bulb was badly corroded, so bought a new bulb. Light still not working, so then checked which fuse looks after it and that looks good too, although I might get another just to be sure. Other than that I am stumped, all other electrics, lights work just fine.

It's not needed for the MOT but annoying none the less.

What indicator bulbs would i need to replace the standard ones in the headlamp clusters etc

Jamie

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/12/2017 at 10:52 PM, Stoney871 said:

PY21W (581).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Is the back the same as the front

• 1 month later...

My 2006 Focus Ghia saloon has 

566 BRAKE STOP TAIL FOG 12V 21/4W BAZ15D BULB "OFFSET PINS" bulbs