Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sony 6Cd Head Unit

duluxdoggy

hi, i bought a 2007 mondeo ghia x today. the radio sounds ace, however, when i press the cd/aux button it goes to aux, and stays on aux. i cant make it go onto cd mode. the aux port in the glove box works fine, and with most of my music being on my phone anyways its not the end of the world. but i would like to fix this, if poss. is my head unit broke? or am i missing something, have tried every button on it.

no, the eject and load buttons dont do anything, it wont go on cd mode, i am assuming that is why they dont do anything, i have no way of knowing if ther is a disc inside already or not.

It sounds like you have a tray error or the laser head has jammed.

Try disconnecting the power to the radio by yanking the fuse to cause a radio reset.

Make sure not have your radio code first though!!!!!

Worst case scenario is you'll need a replacement radio.

Don't go to Ford as they'll charge you about £500.

Also be very sure it's a mondeo radio you get as they are a different fascia shape to the ones in a focus/fiesta and are also deeper in the casing.

It sounds like you have a tray error or the laser head has jammed.

Try disconnecting the power to the radio by yanking the fuse to cause a radio reset.

Make sure not have your radio code first though!!!!!

Worst case scenario is you'll need a replacement radio.

Don't go to Ford as they'll charge you about £500.

Also be very sure it's a mondeo radio you get as they are a different fascia shape to the ones in a focus/fiesta and are also deeper in the casing.

i will look into this later, i need to get some keys to be able to remove the unit. and if i need to replace the unit, im not going to, i dont have any music on cd anyways. i just use spotify. only bouhg a cheap cd to test it! kinda wish i didnt now

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so i remove the head unit, and it has already had an attempted repair job. but either way, its goosed. so i go on eBay and buy a ford 6000cd head unit, but, i just ent to install it and it doesnt fit... see photo. any idea what ford stereo will work??

20130315_172706_zpsba7071b7.jpg

If the stereo fascia is rectangular and not slightly angled then I'd say for sure that you have one for a focus/fiesta/fusion there.

The mondeo one is angled to fit the hole and is also not as deep.

You need to look for one that's definitely marked as for a mondeo.

this is the eBay listing i bought it from, as you can see it is wider at the top, but the angle is different

0ebay_zps18daadaf.png

i thought i was buying a mondeo unit

If you turn it round and match the face plate to the fascia hole do the shapes match?

Also how long is the plastic stub at the back of the radio? The seller may have swapped the stub over with another radio.

If it's longer than the one on your old radio them swap them over and that may do the trick.

hi. sorry foe delayed reply, i have been in work, i have removed the unit again and taken a side by side photo,

cdplayercompare_zps44089214.png

as you can see there is a massive difference in the two units, is it even possible to use a normal unit in the ghia car??? i very much doubt that ford would use a completely different dash layout,

im getting fed up with this issue, may just get a cheap adapter kit and fit me trusty kenwood single din cd player. i have been avoiding this as i wanted to keep the remote on steering column

I'd suggest you look through eBay again and maybe ask some sellers listing radios for a mondeo to take additional photos to show the angle of the face plate.

Stick your single DIN unit it with a fascia and get a loom for the steering wheel controls, much better sound quality then the standard unit and still have the controls you want :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club