Show
Photo

Fiesta Zetec 08 - Headunit Replacement Parts?

fiesta zetec special edition blue 2008 08 headunit stereo cd

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 RickG

RickG

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Estate Econetic
  • Year: 2008

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:58 AM

Hey Maxtek,

Yeah looks like you have a double din adaptor but need a single din adaptor for your headunit.  The clips you have fit on the edges of the fascia.

Good Luck :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Maxtek

Maxtek

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Name: Max
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.4 Blue Edition

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

What you need is one of these-

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2328390eeb

You may also find that any cage supplied with your single din radio is too deep for the dash space.

If you go to any motor factors you should be able to get one that is shallower so as to allow the correct head space to allow the cage to sit far back enough to allow the fascia to sit flush.

That fascia would be great but could you recommend me a cage to go with it that I can get online? There aren't a great deal of places around here that deal with this sort of stuff, well the ones I know of are a little shady.

Hey Maxtek,

Yeah looks like you have a double din adaptor but need a single din adaptor for your headunit.  The clips you have fit on the edges of the fascia.

Good Luck :)

Yeah that explains why I couldn't get it to fit properly and the fact I overlooked the clips...

#18 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,014 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

That fascia would be great but could you recommend me a cage to go with it that I can get online? There aren't a great deal of places around here that deal with this sort of stuff, well the ones I know of are a little shady.

If your cage is probably the standard 113mm that most suppliers use I'd say go for a 103mm

Best to measure from where you want the front of the cage to sit and back to the shallowest place the cage is likely to hit on.

You may even be able to cut notches out of the back of your current one with tin snips to allow the cage to sit in correctly.

#19 Maxtek

Maxtek

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Name: Max
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.4 Blue Edition

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

If your cage is probably the standard 113mm that most suppliers use I'd say go for a 103mm

Best to measure from where you want the front of the cage to sit and back to the shallowest place the cage is likely to hit on.

You may even be able to cut notches out of the back of your current one with tin snips to allow the cage to sit in correctly.

I was under the impression that my current cage wouldn't fit my headunit due the the cage being double din and the headunit being single din, I was going to buy that fascia you linked previously and then get a new cage. If the cage is compatible with this new fascia then surely the headunit wouldn't be, the screws/slots on the cage won't line up with the headunit will it?

Apologies if this is hassle but I really don't want to bodge it or have a possibility of something going wrong in the future.

#20 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,014 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

Sorry, was labouring under the illusion that you also had a single din cage.

My mistake.

I'd suggest buying a 103mm cage and working from there or as I said before- measure the dash space at the smallest depth and gauge it from there.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fiesta, zetec, special, edition, blue, 2008, 08, headunit, stereo, cd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users