Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help! With Illuminated Cigarette Lighter

markw96

Im trying to change the standard cigarette lighter on a focus 2.5 to fit an illuminated one, but im having a couple of problems, how on earth do i remove the cigarette lighter surround?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gnisrz4o8kb485/2013-03-02%2015.13.36.jpg?m

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxtnb8nld32q07e/2013-03-02%2015.13.30.jpg?m

and also where can i connect these extra wires for the illumination??

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvztyqahuhiun7b/2013-03-02%2015.13.46.jpg?m

thanks in advance

You should see some tabs on the side's that just allow you to unclip it , the lighting can be connected to the orange and black wires behing the heated screen buttons

what i did to remove the cig lighter, was to turn the plastic trim upside down (cig lighter bottom pointing up) apply some pressure onto the cig lighter downwards, at the same time as pull the tabs out on either side with a screwdriver, do 1 side then the other, it doesn't take much, then pull it out from the top

After all that the illuminated one ive got dont !Removed! fit!!

Can anyone point me in the direction of one that will fit???

thanks

As the top will cover about 2mm around the top can you not make the hole bigger? , easy way if your buying a new one is just measure the OEM one and compare online

This is the one i bought

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150671709904?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

the problem being though that i couldnt get the red illumintaed plastic part to fit into the original silver plastic bezel type part that held the original cigarette lighter if you know what i mean

Do you need that section ? , will it not fit without the bezel

Easiest method is to take one out a scrap car behind the kick panel drivers side theres an orange wire with a plug on it taped up thats the illumination wire you wont get the illuminated ring on the original its a smaller one that fits im sure

The silver bezel is bigger in diameter than the standard Ford illuminated socket bezel by about 6mm.- (34mm compared to 40mm).

If you could find a 12v socket that was 35mm to fit in the hole on the console trim but had a lip of 36mm and above then you should get a firm fit.

The original ford 12v socket fitting itself is 29mm by itself so basically the socket you bought is about the same size as the original socket without any illuminated sleeves or bezel.

DSC_0044-1.jpg

DSC_0043-1.jpg

DSC_0040-1.jpg

• 2 years later...

Hi, can someone explain how to remove the trim so I can change the cig lighter. its the mk2.5 focus.

the trim that goes around the gear stick down to the arm rest.

cheers!!

Torx screwdriver is required.

Lift the armrest lid.

Undo the 2 screws on the fronr edge of the storage space that hold the hand brake trim in place.

Ligt the trim and hinge forwards, pulling the hand brake gaiter over the hand brake and remove.

Remove the 1 screw in the middle of the cup holder tray.

Lift the console trim up from the rear until you can reach under and pull off the connector at the back of the power socket.

Keep lifting the trim and pull backwards at the same time to disengage the clips at the front that hook into notches on the dash trim.

Reach under the gear gaiter and push the chrome surround up to disengage from the trim and unscrew the gear knob.

The power socket surround ring has 2 hooks holding the socket, lever gently with a screwdriver and push the socket out.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club