#16 mulc

mulc

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.0T 125PS
  • Year: 2013

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

Radio control via Sync depends on which radio you have.  I can't comment on your situation exactly since we're in different countries, but as an example:

I have an F-150 XLT which has the base CD Player / Satellite radio and SYNC system.  I can use Sync to ask for directions or to play music from a bluetooth phone but can't control the radio or climate control.

My cousin has an F-150 Platinum which has the Sony navigation radio with 8" touch screen and built in DVD player and 700 watt subwoofer.  He can control everything, including the radio with his SYNC.  I'm not sure if he can change the temperature, but i think he can.  We both have the same model year and model vehicle, he just has a better trim level. 

Thanks for your comments. I don't think that the Radio model or trim make a difference in this instance. When I returned to the dealership and queried the reduced functionality. They told me that the demonstrator, same model, spec etc as mine, only 2 months older, had the old sync version in. The salesman confirmed this. Yet his manager was not aware that the demonstrator was equipped with the old version of sync. He said that he would make sure that the anomaly would be pointed out to prospective buyers.

My model doesn't come with satnav or climate control but if it had the salesman said that that as per the radio function the voice control would not be functional on either satnav or climate control.

Unless the sales team are telling me a load of old rubbish to fob me off it looks, to me at least, that this new version of sync is not as good as the last one.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 p38fln

p38fln

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Name: Eric
  • Ford Model: Escape Titanium AWD (2.0 L Ecoboost)

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

They've got no reason to lie to you after buying the car, so it sounds like Ford did do something crazy there. 

I did some Google searching but couldn't figure out if Sync had a seperate set of forums for the UK - if not, there's some decent help at http://www.syncmyride.com, just click the Community button to access the official Ford moderated forums.

#18 Johannapam1

Johannapam1

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.0 TDI and Fiesta 1.4 Auto
  • Year: 2012

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

I can confirm both the MK7 Fiesta and MK3 Focus do NOT require radio codes and are NOT linked to the VIN. I have swapped many of them over (even see my thread in the Focus guide section for installing the Sony stereo) and they are plug'n'play.

Source: Me ;)

This is taken straight out of the Manual page 246. I have the Sony Audio

It states the radio IS locked to the VIN

SECURITY CODE

Each unit incorporates a unique code that

is linked to the vehicle identification

number (VIN). The system will

automatically check that the audio unit

and vehicle match before allowing

operation.

If a security code message appears, please

see your dealer.

#19 ukclarkkent

ukclarkkent

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Name: clark
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium
  • Year: 2012

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

thanks both.  i can't be the only person to have asked this question surely.  i can't remember reading that bit in the manual but i'll have another look later.

trust me to start this one...anyone else got any thoughts?

cheers all

#20 mulc

mulc

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.0T 125PS

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

They've got no reason to lie to you after buying the car, so it sounds like Ford did do something crazy there. 

I did some Google searching but couldn't figure out if Sync had a seperate set of forums for the UK - if not, there's some decent help at http://www.syncmyride.com, just click the Community button to access the official Ford moderated forums.

Thanks for the link. So far  I haven't been able to find a Ford UK forum re sync. Ford UK certainly don't appear to have made public the reduced voice functionality of the new version of sync. I suspect it may have a negative effect on sales. Is it just me that thinks that Ford are getting meaner. A lot of other manufacturers are including cruise control and parking sensors as standard in the european market. But with Ford you have to either go top of the range or buy an optional package. Sorry for the rant.

#21 rnem_uk

rnem_uk

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Name: Rob
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

I tried to register there, but I can't as it won't accept my VIN.  I guess it would be to much to hope for.  I think Ford in UK don't want adverse feedback to be publicly available.

#22 cuke

cuke

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Focus Titanium X
  • Year: 2011

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

SECURITY CODE

operation.

see your dealer.

Hi, as has been stated before the manual is more likely generic and there is definitely no need for any code as another poster has commented upon. I have also read none is needed on another Ford forum from someone who has changed their head unit from the Ford one to a Sony..

#23 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,564 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
Contributor

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

SECURITY CODE

operation.

see your dealer.

Yes but having actually swapped radios I'm speaking from experience.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users