Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Sick People!

DanGersFord

Just found a dog lying in the park across from my house when I was out walking my own dog. The poor thing was lying there yelping cause some sick little so and so had cut half of its front leg off! What is the world coming to seriously when people find inflicting pain to a defenceless animal funny

Poor little beggar.

Are you sure it wasn't hit by a car?

Rspca or emergency vets?

Poor little beggar.

Are you sure it wasn't hit by a car?

Rspca or emergency vets?

Nah the parks well away from the road and there's no way the thing would have been able to get to the park after I'd had happened. There was a big group off teenager's at the park not long before I went across. It's the SSPCA up here and they shut at 11pm. I had to phone the local vet who said it was in a right mess and that it was going to need emergency surgery to remove the rest of its stump to obviously stop the bleeding. I'm going to phone the guy later on to make sure the poor dogs ok.

keep me posted please.

Can't stand animal cruelty in any form.

Have to assist in recovering dogs in distress and abandoned by owners quite often and the state some are left in would sicken anyone.

Poor beggars look to us for everything and give love and companionship back so readily.

we live in a sick society, why people feel the need to do such acts on defenseless animal i will never understand ( and even if it had been involved in a TRA there's still no reason not to check if the dogs injured and take to the Vets,) it makes me angry to hear stories like this and I'd like just a few minutes with those responsible to teach them the error of their ways, maybe its because i am a animal lover, 2 great dogs one a rescue dog who is the most friendly dog you'd ever want to meet, and considering the poor start he had in life remarkable, Dogs only want feeding and some love but give so much more back.. keep us informed of the dogs progress.

Just phoned the vet there and the dog had emergency surgery last night. It'd lost a lot of blood before hand but the vet said the surgery went well and that he's expecting the dog to make a full recovery and that once it was in a fit enough state the SSPCA would come and collect it. I'm also not long back from the local police station who took a statement but because I can't be 100% certain it was the teenagers because I didn't see them do it (i'm in no doubt that it was really but obviously have no proof) they said there might not he a lot they could do. They're going to send an officer round to chap a few people's doors who stay closer to where I found the dog to see if anyone saw what happened to it

Glad to hear the poor dog made it.

Hope the evil so and so's that did it get strung up.

There are some very sick people around , if the teenagers were responsible , lets just hope they get their just deserves in time.

Honestly it was such a shame. Anyone know how to get blood out of a car seat by the way? I had to take it into the vets and I put a sheet down in my car but it's managed to soak through.

Ok I've got a steam cleaner so I'll give it a bash

Good to hear the dog will make a recovery, as for the Blood issue, a good car valeter would prob be your best bet, but get it sorted quickly the longer it's there the harder to remove.. can you remove the seat cover ? you could then just wash in regular washing machine prob best doing all the seats or they might look a totally different colour,

btw if you go down the valet shop route i'll chip in a fiver towards the cost, if a few other dog lovers do the same should be job done, let me know..

Well done for being a good Samaritan for the dog.. top fella

I'll chip in too.

Job well done sir.

You get your Samaritans aware from me.

Thanks very much for the offer but I couldn't possibly take anyone's money. I don't think the seat covers come off but I'll have a look. I know a guy that does an interior Valet for £15 and he does a brilliant job so I'll take it down to him tomorrow night

I've rescued a fair few animals, one where someone decided to try and scare an old man by driving really close and hit the dog; took him and his dog to the local vet and luckily the animal was alright in the long term (broken leg), my girlfriend's cat was rescued from a bin where some woman threw it in the bin, took it to my local animal sanctuary and ended up having her. Also rescued a ferret that had ended up 5 miles from it's home and was reunited with it's owner after escaping.

Working at the centre voluntarily, you see a lot of cases of cruelty, and a lot of cases of people who really couldn't care less.

Thing that gets me though is people are so shocked about domestic animals, happens all over the world to all animals unfortunately, people are despicable. I'd happily help out the next mass extinction by killing off every one of these people >_>

Blood isn't so bad, it's urine that's the pain >_> a good valeter should get it out.

its disgusting to think that this is society today... bring back the old days, and since the police are overworked... who fancies helping them out and dishing justice?

keep us updated on the dog, and if you happen to see this same gang crossing the road, dont hesitate to accidentally clip their legs at 40 + (unless the speed limits 30, then make sure you dont speed :p)

its disgusting to think that this is society today... bring back the old days, and since the police are overworked... who fancies helping them out and dishing justice?

I do hope you aren't condoning vigilantism?

;)

me? never?

I promote opportunism... if they happen to walk in front of a moving car its not the drivers fault ;)

me? never?

I promote opportunism... if they happen to walk in front of a moving car its not the drivers fault ;)

Technically it is as pedestrians have right of way. :d

Technically it is as pedestrians have right of way. :D

Try telling french drivers that, they use pedestrian crossings as target practice

Spoke to the vet there and the dogs doing well. Managed to get the blood out of my seat using the steamer and a wet n dry Hoover. Cheers for the advice Clive

Welcome mate.

A while back I split my leg open on razor wire shinning over a wall and got blood all over my seat.

The work mechs steamed my seat to clean it and it came up like new.

I fitted waterproof covers after that, certainly saves the upholstery.

Technically it is as pedestrians have right of way. :D

even when jaywalking?

There is no offence in the UK of jaywalking.

About all we can do them for is causing an obstruction.

Wouldn't try it down the M5 though.

shame....

Well, anyway I hope Karma comes along and bites them in the gonad's