Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.4 2009 - Rattle / Clanking Noise At Front

Alex Clark

Hello Forum.. hope all well, ..

have a some concern about my Fiesta.

Fiesta late 2009 (59) Zetec Auto 1.4 - Rattles

A strange rattle noise has developed on the passenger side at the front engine bay area / front wheel area.

Normal driving is fine, but when driven over pot hole/ bump in road something rattles. It started off infrequent but is now more frequent.

Still happens when steering around a corner, whether driving fast or slow. Is now quite loud and can be heard even louder with the window wound down.

I guessed it was a broken spring, but all looks fine.

Any one else had the same problem?

There is a link to hearing the audio recorded with my phone : AUDIO http://www.mykenwood.co.uk/audio.mp3

And have attached a phone recordings of the noise in the hope someone can advise what it is?

Please help.

Alex.

Memo.m4a.zip

Memo(1).m4a.zip

check the anti roll bar drop links....find them each end of the roll bar.

with wheels on the ground, give the links a shake by hand, hopefully feel excess movement, compare it to the good side...sometimes the only way to be sure, is disconnect them and give it a little drive [preferably not going 60mph round corners} see if noise has gone....be aware though, most of the time can be a bugger to remove, sometimes ruin them in the process.

failing that, check for movement in shock absorber top mount, and brake caliper isnt loose or rattling on slide pins.

Thank you very much wase16ll , I will try check that on the week, and back to the forum if there any news about that... your answer help a lot.. :)

if someone have same experience, please advise...

regards

Alex

hate stating the obvious, but have come across this many times as its so easy to overlook...

check the wheelnuts

(by come across many times, i mean im in the trade, not that im allways leaving my wheels loose :) )

Thank you, I check that on the week... croos fingesr there is not major problems :blink: ..

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody:

just back to inform the problem:

The front left supension coil , got broken on the base ( long time ago ) but on the lasts weeks, the broken part get loose and made the noise in bumps or uneven roads.

attach picture similar to the problem.

Alex

post-38951-0-44290900-1363705637_thumb.j

• 5 years later...

I know this is an old post but I wish I'd seen it earlier today...... spend an hour trying to diagnose a rattle coming from front nearside when driving over bumps..... couldn't see anything initially, then finally noticed an almost complete ring of the coil-spring had snapped-off but was still retained. Interestingly hadn't felt any change to ride or handling (2010 Fiesta Zetec 1.4 petrol).