• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 michelle2008

michelle2008

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Petrol 1999
Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:42 AM

There is a knocking sound on my 1.8 focus, sounds like its coming from the front left wheel. someone told me it could be a bush needs replacing, does anyone know how much this would could to have done ??

Cheers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 getfocusworking

getfocusworking

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Ford Model: focus zetec 1.6
Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:41 PM

There is a knocking sound on my 1.8 focus, sounds like its coming from the front left wheel. someone told me it could be a bush needs replacing, does anyone know how much this would could to have done ??

Cheers

Could be the lower suspension arm bushes or balljoint all come complete as one new arm and retail
to fit yourself around 80 each arm for a good quality one,buying cheap ones do not pay as balljoint rubbers and bushes go after short time.

Should also check its not the front suspension strut going as this will knock also and is most common.

Unfortunately both problems don't become clear until the strut springs are released from the hub
as under tension they are hard to find try levering around with a metal bar and see if you can see any
movement.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users