Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speedo/trip Computer Indicator Stalk.

George. 1991

Hello...

My car has got the basic Speedo and basic indicator stalk.

I'm just asking if I wanted to replace a trip computer speedo onto my car, would it need a fuel sensor needed fitting or does it already have it built in...?

George Hartas :)

(I have re-edit my question on about Trip Computer Speedo subject from the above ^ )

George.

I dont think that the trip computer can be switched off or on, I *think* that its build into the cluster, so you might need to replace the cluster.

Otherwise, it might just be an on off switch in the ECU in which case just a stalk switch would be required (if the underlying wiring was there).

Hi James.

Could you explain to me what the Cluster is please...?

George.

The instrument cluster, where your speedo, rev counter, warning lights and odometer are :)

Oh ok..!

So your saying that I shall replace a newer cluster and indicator stalk with trip switch to get it to work then...?

The ECU is located under the bonnet right near where the battery is..?

George Hartas.

The ECU is indeed there, I *believe* that I have read people just swapped over the cluster. recoded it with the right odometer, and replaced the stalk and that was it, the computer was alive! but I cant swear to this, and hopefully someone else will come along and confirm or reject it.

The ECU is I believe not too far from the wheel arch.

As for the sensors, most of the basics are there, it uses things like the fuel sender unit to identify fuel left, and the emissions to deem the efficiency to estimate you a driving range. Other warning sensors may already be installed.

Ok James. Thanks for that I'll see if it does work out in the end if I'm definitely going do it... :)

I might able to do the cluster unit myself if it looks easy? but Is replacing the indicator stalk difficult at all...?

George Hartas.

cluster shouldnt be too bad, even removing the stalks are pretty easy, just unscrew a couple, of things and then swap it over :)

have a look through the forum, and see if you can find it, I will too and if I find the one I remember seeing, I will post a link to it.

Hi James!

I've gotten ya last message after you have sent it...

Thank you very much for the info link :-)

George Hartas.

No problem,

let us know if you do go ahead with it and how it goes :)

No problem James :)

George.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club