Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door Open Light

Peng12

I have one more niggling problem i would like you guys to help me with please :)

When ever i turn my lights on the red door open light comes on with it and goes out when i turn the lights off. It works as normal when doors are open as long as the lights are off. Its really bugging me now lol

only place i can think of where the two circuits meet, is the multi function control module, might have a bad connection, or possibly water sneaking in and getting on/in module.

either that or earth connections....i know earths for interior lamps are behind the kick panels or base of the inner sill panels.

Is that the one that controls the central locking etc under the dash?

does what it says on the tin :)

central locking certainly runs through it, so probably yes...cant remember if it has a seperate module as well...from memory, multi mod sits behind drivers kick panel or maybe slightly higher

Brilliant mate thanks. I'll have a look at it tomorrow :)

have a copy of autodata which gives fairly decent wiring diagrams on fords, if you let me know exact model/year ect, can sort out which wire of module goes where....would take time though as there is plenty of them :)

Thanks mate. Its a early mk3 (2001) 1.8 mondeo zetec

no worries, just had quick look, far as i can tell, circuits meet at multi mod [which is near datalink connector not kickpanel as i thought, so less likely to be a water ingress problem] but also meet at instrument control module, which is mounted on back of instrument panel.

if it was me, i would check interior/exterior lights common earths first, which are...

2 earths connections behind drivers kick panel, one of which is slightly higher up than kick panel itself. [only two connections in that area)

one earth located at foot of passenger side inner sill, roughly inline with door hinges.

finally, one i would go for first, in the boot on passenger side somewhere close to rear lamp assy.

need to check all wires/terminals at those points...if all thats ok, starts to get a bit more complicated...have a go at them first, let me know if problem still there.

Thanks for that mate. Ill let you know what I find