Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium Or Titanium X? Is It Worth The Upgrade?

stuartr26

Hello all!

I have got my mind set on getting the new Focus Titanium (or Titanium X).

I know that I am going to be keeping the car long term but I am having trouble deciding if it is worth upgrading for the extra £2,000!

Does anyone know of any options included for the Titanium X that would make it worth going for the higher spec?

Thanks in advance to any replies.

Stuart

It depends what engine you would be looking at?

The Titanium X can sometimes open up higher performance engine options.

I went for the Titanium X because the difference was considerably less on Ford Direct and I do love some of the extras you get. I doubt I would have paid £2k more though.....

Heated, part leather seats. Depending on the engine, more power (2.0 tdci gets 163 bhp instead of 140, 1.6 eco boost gets 180 instead of 150. I think the 1.0 eco boost gets 125 instead of 100, but the titanium might also have 125.)

Also, the tit x definitely has the park assist feature with all round parking sensors. I believe the titanium has rear sensors as standard, but I don't think all round.

Also, LED daytime running lights.

That's all I can think of ATM, but I think there's more.

Yes it is well worth the upgrade to the Titanium X , heated half leather seats are a dream :) , Bi-Xenons , DRL'S , Folding mirrors , Self Park .

If you really want to go further the Driver Assist pack is fantastic , lane departure , Auto high beam , Blind spot , Speed signs , City Stop low speed crash prevention.

I can't fault the car it drives and feels like a dream

It depends what engine you would be looking at?

The Titanium X can sometimes open up higher performance engine options.

I went for the Titanium X because the difference was considerably less on Ford Direct and I do love some of the extras you get. I doubt I would have paid £2k more though.....

Heated, part leather seats. Depending on the engine, more power (2.0 tdci gets 163 bhp instead of 140, 1.6 eco boost gets 180 instead of 150. I think the 1.0 eco boost gets 125 instead of 100, but the titanium might also have 125.)

Also, the tit x definitely has the park assist feature with all round parking sensors. I believe the titanium has rear sensors as standard, but I don't think all round.

Also, LED daytime running lights.

That's all I can think of ATM, but I think there's more.

Yes it is well worth the upgrade to the Titanium X , heated half leather seats are a dream :) , Bi-Xenons , DRL'S , Folding mirrors , Self Park .

If you really want to go further the Driver Assist pack is fantastic , lane departure , Auto high beam , Blind spot , Speed signs , City Stop low speed crash prevention.

I can't fault the car it drives and feels like a dream

I should have mentioned... I'll be getting the Ecoboost 1.0ltr with either 100ps or 125ps (most likely 125ps)

I really wanted to get the convenience pack which included the active park assist and the powerfold mirrors - I was under the impression that the parking sensors were included in this too but now I have double checked, I don't think they are!

From what I can see the driver assist package again comes at extra cost but initally declined that idea, I generally try and pay attention to the road ^_^

Having a search on my local Ford dealers websites and they don't seem to have any pictures up or any prices there. Waiting for my sales person to get back to me tomorrow!!

If you get the Titanium X then the convenience pack is standard , with all round sensors and park assist and self park and folding mirrors , on the TitX you also get the colour changing curtesy lighting

the 1ltr Eco boost will be the 125bhp

The driver assit pack is worth every penny.

I would shop around dealers as you can get some great deals if you barter with them and play them off against each other.

If you get the Titanium X then the convenience pack is standard , with all round sensors and park assist and self park and folding mirrors , on the TitX you also get the colour changing curtesy lighting

the 1ltr Eco boost will be the 125bhp

The driver assit pack is worth every penny.

I would shop around dealers as you can get some great deals if you barter with them and play them off against each other.

Considering the driver assist pack but want to see a demo online somewhere to see exactly what it does.

I am contacting as many dealers as possible to see who will give me the best deal! There is one garage I would rather buy from but waiting to see what they come back with.

Think when you buy on finance you generally leave the door open to more negotiation, someone correct me if I'm wrong? :D

Considering the driver assist pack but want to see a demo online somewhere to see exactly what it does.

I am contacting as many dealers as possible to see who will give me the best deal! There is one garage I would rather buy from but waiting to see what they come back with.

Think when you buy on finance you generally leave the door open to more negotiation, someone correct me if I'm wrong? :D

Thers some decent youtube videos showing how the bits work.

Yes dealers get a kick back from finance deals.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club