Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Alec J

Glovebox

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Me again haha

My glovebox has the vent at the back which blows in air..

Whats the purpose/use of this? How do you switch it on and off?

Does it warm and cool?

Does it actually work or just a gimic?

Thanks

Alec

Its meant to be for Aircon cooling so your choco bars don't melt, it rotates to turn on/off, never used it :)

its handy if you use your glovebox as a food storage area, but for the most part, off is the best place for it...

The cooling duct on mine is at the right hand side behind a cover that can be rotated to turn it off, the one at the back is just a vent

I know if you remove the glove box , it's a real pain to clip it back in lol , you need pliers in the center to pull it.

On my Mk3 Tianium X it does not have the cooled glove box :o , it's an extra , how crazy it that.

Just looked and found the vent with the on and off rotator..

Will give it a try in the summer to see if it will actually keep my drinks cooler aha

Yeah I had the glovebox out because it wasn't fitted properly. Preee is right.... the cooling duct is a pain in the !Removed!.

It blows cold air regardless of air con btw, but I assume (or would like to assume) in the summer air con on will cool it further.