Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Name: Micheal
  • Ford Model: 1.8 ghia petrol
  • Year: 2004

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

I have a friend with a stcking thermostat and he asked if he can get away with a eurocarparts stat, are the 1.8 engines fussy about this ? as I know they prefer genuine parts like plugs, ht leads etc just wondeirng if the same goes for the stat ?

When I did mine I used a genuine one about £12 more than the £9 euro one! fit like a glove never missed a beat since. Plus £2 odd quid for the seal which doesn't come with it from ford.

I was told I should change the housing aswell but thats mighty expensive and had no issue, I think its a common fault on the focus a leak housing but mines been fine. I was careful doing the bolts up no the crack it. I think they warp or something.

thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,174 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

They housings can be prone to warping but I would risk it for a while until it becomes a problem - if it ever does.

I can't answer your question regarding the thermostat but personally I would rather have a genuine one with a genuine seal for peace of mind if nothing else

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users