Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Ohplease

Refitting Interior Map Reading Lights.

4 posts in this topic

Can anyone give me and tips of doing this;

Basically I've removed the Interior map reading light, so i can change the bulbs to ones I wanted. Now I cant for the life of me get it all to clip back together and its really loose (nothings broken, bent or anything like that)

Ive done this before im just trying to picture how it goes back together lol. Im pretty sure the metal bit clips onto the plastic cover before you put it back in and make sure the metal clips the right way around

Honestly it's best to pull the entire unit out if you haven't done already, took me nearly 2 hours to get it right, by the time I'd done it the darn thing didn't work because the switch had been put in funny, so all back off again, try and fiddle, by the time I was done I pulled the darn thing off and did it in about 30 seconds all told >_>

Yeah I've took the whole thing out, unclipped it from the metal frame. Now I can't get it back together it's just really loose :/. Even sliced me thumb open trying to sort it lol