Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Probably Getting A Focus

p38fln

So I finally realized that paying the gas, insurance, and car payments on a full size 4x4 off-road pickup truck is probably not the smartest thing in the world. Sure, a twin turbo, 365 HP V-6 with 420 lb-ft of torque is *FUN* to drive, but $500 a month for gas is getting very old. Do I really *need* the ability to hook up to a 11,000 pound flatbed trailer? I don't even have a trailer!

I will miss the 4x4 Offroad in the winter though.

2011-04-24_11-56-21_741.jpg

I'm thinking of getting this Focus - (Or the same model / options in a different color)

http://tousleyford.com/White-Bear-Lake-MN/For-Sale/New/Ford/Focus/2013-Titanium-White-Car/13940852/

I'd go for the 5 speed but I can't find one in stock at any dealer - you get remote start for free with the auto and I guess that's a big selling point.

c274121c22d141e1b45edd6519481bdb!2012102

you wont go far wrong with the focus.

I will definitely enjoy driving something smaller than a city bus around too :)

I don't know how similar it is to the UK version -

160 HP I-4, 2.0 liter, 2948 pounds curb weight

Should I get the hatchback or the sedan?

I would say go hatchback :)

as for the 4x4, you might not miss it as much as you think!

Was that the F-150 with the Eco boost V6?

The ads made that look like a monster of a truck!

I will definitely enjoy driving something smaller than a city bus around too :)

I don't know how similar it is to the UK version -

160 HP I-4, 2.0 liter, 2948 pounds curb weight

Should I get the hatchback or the sedan?

We don't get the 2.0 petrol over here on the standard Focus.

It is all about Ecoboosts in Europe.

I do have the 160 BHP 2.0 TDCi in mine though.

What about the Ford Escape - I think this is the same thing as the Kuga. I'm looking at a fully loaded model with the 2.0 liter Ecoboost engine.

The Escape is a nice car , and with the 2.0ltr ecoboost a great engine , i would imagine that would be 6 speed ?

I have seen bad reports from the 2.0ltr and the 5 speed box being not that great.

(Big US Ford fan here).

I love your F150... but get the focus sedan!! (With deck-lid spoiler)

My god if they sold the new focus sedan/saloon here I'd buy it in a heartbeat. The rear lights look so much better on the sedan than the hatch.

From what I've watched on YouTube the MyFordTouch issues seem to be getting sorted slowly but surely so I'd personally go for that too - also simply for looks alone the touchscreen gives a more premium look over the small screen and a load of plastic buttons.

If I get the Focus, I'm looking at a grey hatchback model with the spoiler and MyFord Touch, heated front seats, dual zone climate control and power sun roof.

The Escape/Kuga will have the same options if I get it (though it will be dark blue). Depends on financing, though in either case I'll be happy. Escape is rated for 28 MPG, Focus is rated for 37, and my F-150 is rated for 21 (US gallons).

This is the Focus I'm looking at

8399_cc0640_001_UJ.jpg?w=590

And this is the Escape

6df101dabb0d4ea2833c71635918d7d7!2013011

If you converted your dollar's to UK £'s you wouldn't have even bought the 4x4 if you lived here with the price of our petrol (gas). Wish our prices were as cheap as yours haha.

The F-150 has run me $6,000 a year for gas for the last two years, or 3982.74 pounds per year thanks to Google's currency converter

I had some fun with the math on this one -

50,000 miles on the odometer

15.3 MPG (US) average

18.38 MPG (UK) average

3,267.9 US gallons total

2721 Imperial gallons

12,370.3 liters

24 months old, exactly

Using Google's currency converter again, the current price for 87 octane is 0.66 pounds per liter (I don't know what the correct phrasing is for that).

Using Google's currency converter again, the current price for 87 octane is 0.66 pounds per liter (I don't know what the correct phrasing is for that).

What?!? Over here it's about £1.40 a litre for petrol, and £1.45 for diesel. Over here, that'd be £18,000, or $27,000 for the two years!

I got the Escape / Kuga with 4WD and the 2.0 liter Ecoboost - it got 29 MPG as I drove it off the lot on the highway at 60 MPH, then 26 MPG the next day against a stiff headwind. Significant improvement over the F-150's 15.3 MPG. Remember american MPG, so 34.8 MPG UK for the Escape, then 31.22. The F-150 would be 18.37 UK MPG.

Oh and for the person asking about the F-150 - yes it is a towing beast. I've got another photo somewhere of it towing a 5 ton trailer (10,000 lbs). Pulled it like a dream. and still managed to get 14 MPG. If I had a business and needed a towing vehicle, I would definitely buy another one.

20130309_164457_zps2f46d58e.jpg

Very nice looking cars the escapes.

Looks like a cracking motor to me. On the other hand 66p for a litre of fuel would be lovely, sometimes wonder why we are paying so much. I know Britain likes to be "green" but over double seems a bit excessive.

Either way, good buy matey.