Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Randallsfocus

Servicing

6 posts in this topic

Hi my 2009 focus is due for its 4th/50000 mile service in a few weeks. Phoned the two nearest ford dealers to me for quotes.

One dearler is about £20 cheaper, but for an extra £90 off they do the service except pollen filter.

So, is the pollen filter important to change yearly? How easy is it to do? I've read before if not seated properly can cause interior to get wet etc.

Cheers Stuart

Pollen filter is something that you could replace should you wish, I would save yourself the £90 and just do it yourself if you feel handy with the spanners?

If you are confident with a spanner then deffo do this job yourself, it IS a PIG of a job though, very fiddly and involves you bending your body into some positions you wouldn't think possible lol. But it is do-able in around an hour.

cheers gents, think i'll give it a go myself

Easy enough to do if you lie on youre back in the passenger footwell with youre legs out the door

Hi my 2009 focus is due for its 4th/50000 mile service in a few weeks. Phoned the two nearest ford dealers to me for quotes.

One dearler is about £20 cheaper, but for an extra £90 off they do the service except pollen filter.

So, is the pollen filter important to change yearly? How easy is it to do? I've read before if not seated properly can cause interior to get wet etc.

Cheers Stuart

I presume the cheaper service is the Ford value service at £99? There are added extras you get with doing the 50k/4th year service like free roadside assistance, if you don't already have that it is a good idea to go with it! Also if you be sneaky and ask for a discount, they can usually be done.