Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4 months and 5,000 miles on....

sussex

Having read about so many people taking delivery of their new Fiestas I thought I'd just say that I've done 5k miles in my mk7 now having driven it for 4 months I have to it really is a fantastic car and lived up to my expectaions, and then some.

Steering and handling fantastic, gear changes unbeliveably smooth and I love how it looks as much if not more now than ever.

I've got a 3 door Zetec in Ocean (a colour which surprisingly to me doesn't seem to be very common)

Any problems? A windscreen seal had to be repaired as I got a whistling at higher speeds but thats done now and apart from that nothing, really am so impressed with it.

How's everyone else getting on? Anyone having any problems? Everyone loving their mk7 as much as they hoped they would?

This could be an interesting thread. My issues to date are drivers seat not sliding back and forth when I went to collect the car so pickup was delayed 4 hours and a minute mark on the bonnet where it laps over to meet the rear of the front headlights if that makes sense? :blink: It looks to me like a dust particle on the panel before it was painted. It was my eagles eyes that spotted it and to be honest I can't be bothered (at the mo anyway) to get it sorted as it would be a full bonnet respray under warranty to correct it and the Ford spray & repair centre reckoned they'd get more marks on it after painting it which is probably true. I presume the Ford factory paints in a climate controlled area and only after sweeping over the panels with Ostrich feathers? :D

Other than the above I'm loving the wife's car ;) Handling is top notch and the gears are yummy smooth. bluetooth is very good and voice control works a treat although the 'female' computer understands me 100% of the time but the wife she ignores a lot. :lol: Meeeaow.

Had a few issues with mine but nothing major (or unexpected from a brand new model) fuse for the front wipers blew within the first week, had to get the passenger door seal changed as it kept unsticking.

The passenger door had to be re-aligned as it wasn't sitting flush, the clutch pedal has been re-greased twice as it squeaks.

The drivers side windscreen seal has had to be re-stuck as it was loose, and today it went back for a checkup as the transmission light was coming on (software fault and power steering fault??).

Also there are a couple of minor paint defects, but they are only noticeable

from an inch away!

AND I STILL LOVE IT!! As the OP stated it drives so well that I can forgive any minor faults, I was planning on keeping the car for around 2 years but may end up keeping it longer as it really is that good (or may just trade it in for another)

fuse for the front wipers blew within the first week, had to get the passenger door seal changed as it kept unsticking.

Oops! Forgot that, same thing happened to me and I couldn't use any windscreen washer fluid until it was fixed, it was blamed on cold weather!

I am awaiting new seatbelt for drivers side as it constantly locks when trying to pull it across body - very frustrating. Had to have the boot catch re aligned as it was sayng it was open all the time. The drivers passenger door small speaker vibrates badly even with minus bass set. 4th - 5th change is very rough and reverse is playing us up big time, crunching, popping out of gear etc. When it finally goes back in for the seatbelt I definately want the reverse looked at. Other than that I love my baby.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club