Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

my 2004 KA Sport has just failed its MOT on two damaged alloy wheels (and two approaching failing levels) due to the fact I live in pot-hole central!

Having a hell of a time finding reasonably priced replacements (even used ones) and wondered if I could get away with 15" rims - they seem so much more reasonably priced!

Try a local breakers yard, even if you have to use steel wheels for the time being to get it through the test, it'll give you time to source some reasonably priced alloys

Steel wheels look less pretty but they cope better with potholes!

What level of damage caused them to be failures?

Hi guys,

thanks for the responses.

Struggled to find anything via local breakers' yards and, given time restraints as I need to have my MOT retest, I've gone the budget alloys/tyres route via Halfords - £349.99 all in. Bit 'prettier' than I'd intended, but I'll cope. ;)

Hoping to sell the usable wheels on eBay to recoup some of the costs. Two of the weels have some pot-hole damage but not MOT failure damage; the other two have actually buckled slightly, enough that they're not repairable according to the place I took them to locally. Three of the four tyres are ok.

Was planning on selling my KA but, given the latest spend on it, looks like I have to keep it a while longer!

Thanks again,

Jackie

Sorry i couldnt get here sooner but ive only signed up today.

I know someone who is selling 3 sportka wheels, and i also myself have a 'halfords special' set that came on a car i bought that i ve had trouble selling for nearly half what you payed new. (mine have mint TOYO Proxes on them and very light scuffs/marks)

Shame i couldnt save the day!