Show
Photo

What Is The Best Tool To Diagnose Ford Mondeo Mk4 1.8 Tdci Under 200 Pounds?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 adrianm123

adrianm123

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: adrian
  • Ford Model: mondeo mk4
  • Year: 2009

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

Hello i am a new owner of a ford mondeo and i am new to this ford can you tell me is there something similar for ford like vcds for vag group vehicles(vw,skoda,audi,seat)?what would you recommend me to buy to work with as many modules on ford mondeo mk4 tdci 1.8?My second option is to buy one universal obd reader to work on many makes and models because i own a fiat punto aswell, is this a good idea?This universal obd tools do comunicate with engine modules only or they will work on things like abs,airbags etc?
Thank you and if you know details like price or where is best to buy from or what to be aware when buying or certain limitations or compatibility please give as many as possible 
Thank you again

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 15,300 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

if you have an android, then get a bluetooth OBDII adapter, can buy this for under £15. this will give you the error codes to help you identify the problems. Then, get Torque off google play and use that to read codes.

If you have not got one, but have a laptop, then look for a USB OBDII adapter and one that can read and clear error codes.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users