Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aec Module

mcgj01

Help.

I have just been informed that my 2005 Mondeo requires a new AEC module. What is this???

Cheers

Never heard of it, tbh. There is an EAC module which is something to do with the accelerator - did you mean that?

EAC I believe is part of the communications BUS system...

Never heard of it, tbh. There is an EAC module which is something to do with the accelerator - did you mean that?

Thanks for that. I'd heard something about Electronic Accelerator Control, but the fault on my car is to do with the heater climate controls so I really can't see the connection. As I said, thanks for taking the trouble to respond.

Jim McG

EAC I believe is part of the communications BUS system...

Thanks for this reply. It makes sense.

Jim McG

I upset mine the other day, it threw errors up on everything from transmission to power steering and the speedo / revs were dancing up and down. Do you have an OBD II Scanner?

I upset mine the other day, it threw errors up on everything from transmission to power steering and the speedo / revs were dancing up and down. Do you have an OBD II Scanner?

No, sorry. I don't know what one is. The only reason I asked about the EAC module is that the local dealership said that it was probably this that was causing the fault. The real problem is that they were asking for over £450 for a replacement.

Ouch, thats harsh but if its an electrical fault it doesnt surprise me the price is so steep.

If you have an android, I suggest that you buy a generic OBDII bluetooth adapter, and download "Torque" from the play store.

The adapter is less than £15 and the app is free. It can scan your ECU for any logged error codes, that might help us to diagnose any issues.

whats the problem your car has?

Ouch, thats harsh but if its an electrical fault it doesnt surprise me the price is so steep.

If you have an android, I suggest that you buy a generic OBDII bluetooth adapter, and download "Torque" from the play store.

The adapter is less than £15 and the app is free. It can scan your ECU for any logged error codes, that might help us to diagnose any issues.

Thanks very much for that. I'll certainly look into it. By the way, the dealership has just rung me to say that the warrenty people will pay for the repair, something that seemed unlikely yesterday. Good news.

whats the problem your car has?

The problem is with the climate control, there is none. It appears to heat up initially, very hot, and then cool down, but too much. Not cold, but uncomfortably cool. Anyway, the dealership has just contacted me to say that the warrenty company will replace the part, something that seemed very unlikely yesterday. Thanks for your response.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club