Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Light

Postie123

Hi guys I have just fitted a interior rear light to my mk2 now both front and rear lights work but not when you have the switch in the middle for when you open the doors or push the key fob when opening the car but when you manually switch the lights to come on they work fine. Would this be a case of a blown fuse if so what number slot is the fuse or is there something else?

If it works but not when you open the door then it sounds like either theres a wiring issue or the rear light switch isnt in the right place

The way which I wired it up was to tap into the front loom with scotch locks and match them to the bit of loom I had with the rear light when I brought it. Is this right? Which position should the rear light switch be in? Is it the middle like the front?

It sounds like you may have knackered the expensive timer module since you didnt pull the fuse before starting the work you may just have to live with it now the way it would be done is to run 3 wires connected to the front to the rear light that would work by the sound of it youve blown the timer module make sure front and rear wipers work and the headlight warning chimes

Dam it, is the timer module easy to fix/replace? The front and rear wipers work and also the headlight chimes? Would it not be a loose wire or something?

It wont be a loose wire or the light wouldnt work no idea how much a timer module costs its not cheap i know that much easiest way to tell is disconnect the rear light and try it if its still the same that may be the issue did you blow a fuse or get a spark when you did it

Not sure if I blow a fuse as I don't know what number slot it's in. I got no spark when I fitted it. The one thing I did do was to cross the wires ie on the double plug I got them the wrong way round on the rear then plugged in the light then changed them round to match the front. I did disconnect the rear light and it was the same (not working when door open). Where the best last to get the timer from?

From ford you would have to call and get a price assuming that its definately the issue youll need it diagnosed but crossing the wires is enough to blow the module theres only 1 fuse if that was blown the light wouldnt be working at all

So I should go to ford and explain what what I've done then get them to diagnose the car then just buy the timer module.

Ok mate I will give it a go today and hopefully get it sorted. Thanks for you help buddy, I will let you how I get on.

Just been to Fords and they wanted £94 for a diagnostic so calmly said no thank so found a local auto electrician who said he would do it for £40 to find the fault and then a cost on top to fix the problem. So I have that booked in for next Friday, fingers crossed it gets sorted.