Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 4500 Rds Cannot Refit! Help!

douglasj93

hi first post and i need help with putting my triple din fascia back on.

i had to get my radio serial number so removed all the fascia and heater controls and everything went fine.

now when ive tried to put back together, i cant seem to get the right dial to connect with the green cylinder behind it. as a result i cant change the direction of the heaters.

has anyone had the same problems or know of a solution?

cheers

(it is the green thing on the right under the arrow that i cant get to interlink with the dial)

post-41536-0-28841500-1362651159_thumb.p

Been debating that subject from another angle here-

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/31819-ford-focus-cc-petrol-heater-problem/

One question, how did you remove the connector in the first place? you may be able to solve the burning question in the other thread.

The connector as in the green plug thing? As soon as I unclipped the front fascia, it came undone, I followed a step by step removal guide on YouTube by simply just unscrewing everything then disconnecting the heat control wire at my clutch foot are then the fascia just popped off

I had this problem when I was fitting a new stereo/painting the fascia. Its realy fiddly but the stalk pushes in just to the left hand side of the steering wheel. You wont be able to see it but you'll be able to tell when its popped into place. Push the stalk into the dash first and then you need to lift the fascia and guide it into the heater controls, also make sure the silver wure that regulates the temperature doesnt pop out also. Once you're happy its aligned properly I put one of the screws at the top of the fascia in to hold it in place and turned on the ignition to check that the blowers we're blowing in the right sections when the dials turned and also that the temperature adjusts hot and cold although you may need to wait a few minutes for it to heat up. Hope this helps. If its nice over the weekend ill take mine off and try and make a guide with pictures on how to do it. Its not easy but perservere and you'll get there :) I was cursing like mad haha

Thanks for the advice, I don't get the bit about the stalk next to the steering wheel? But it sure is fiddly, not had success yet but will stick at it

See the long spindle with the green thing attached that pushes into the heater controls? Thats what I mean the other end of that pushes in just under the left hand side of the steering wheel

Once youve done it once you'll be able to do it with next to no problem if you ever do it again lol

You managed to fix this yet?

Hi, I'm having a similar problem. I'm changing my 4500 to a double din Sony. Everything was going fine right up to the point were I went to change my heat direction to cabin as opposed to demist and nothing happened!! I manged to put my hand through the hole left by the stereo and as I turn the direction dial I can feel the cable (with the green end) moving but there's no change in direction :( Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Matt

As explained the reason the heater position is not changing is because the spindle has popped out of position. One end pushes in judt the the left of the steering wheel column (push it in at this side first) then push your fascia most of the way into position and line it up wuth the heater control loosely before pushing the fascia right in and securing the fascia in place with one screw then test the position is changing and the heater regulator is changing hot to cold