Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

ukclarkkent

Bought Focus Titanium Mk3 Car 2Nd Hand - What Audio Manuals Should I Have?

3 posts in this topic

hello all,

newbie here. just saw this section on the forum so would like to ask a couple of quick questions having bought a 2nd hand car from motorpoint this week.

what manuals should be in the black ford folder - is there 1 specifically for my sony dab radio system?

i read on here that i don't get a radio code as it checks the vin on start-up each time. i've called a few ford dealers in s.wales and none of them said this. what's true? people on here have said i don't get a code but would like to be really sure.

thanks all,

me

As far as i am aware there is no radio code and it does not check the Vin either as i have seen a number of people that have upgraded and they have not had to go to the dealers to get it configured.

I have never really looked to see if there is a specific manual for the radio in my book. But i will chek tomorrow

thanks preee. quite a few differences of opinion with my mk3 sony dab radio code(or not) then.

as for manual, i can work most of it out myself just by pressing buttons, etc. but i can't seem to get an auto-tune from my dab(or equivalent). it talks about blocks and i don't know what they are.

ideally there's something online somewhere which i can go and look. i might take a drive to my local ford dealer and see if they've got anything.

they seem to be quite unhelpful once they know i didn't buy the car from them though...