Photo

Bought Focus Titanium Mk3 Car 2Nd Hand - What Audio Manuals Should I Have?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ukclarkkent

ukclarkkent

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Name: clark
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium
  • Year: 2012

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

hello all,

newbie here.  just saw this section on the forum so would like to ask a couple of quick questions having bought a 2nd hand car from motorpoint this week.

what manuals should be in the black ford folder - is there 1 specifically for my sony dab radio system?

i read on here that i don't get a radio code as it checks the vin on start-up each time.  i've called a few ford dealers in s.wales and none of them said this.  what's true?  people on here have said i don't get a code but would like to be really sure.

thanks all,

me

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
Contributor

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

As far as i am aware there is no radio code and it does not check the Vin either as i have seen a number of people that have upgraded and they have not had to go to the dealers to get it configured.

I have never really looked to see if there is a specific manual for the radio in my book. But i will chek tomorrow

#3 ukclarkkent

ukclarkkent

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Name: clark
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

thanks preee.  quite a few differences of opinion with my mk3 sony dab radio code(or not) then.

as for manual, i can work most of it out myself just by pressing buttons, etc. but i can't seem to get an auto-tune from my dab(or equivalent).  it talks about blocks and i don't know what they are.

ideally there's something online somewhere which i can go and look.  i might take a drive to my local ford dealer and see if they've got anything.

they seem to be quite unhelpful once they know i didn't buy the car from them though...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users